• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert HTML to PDF with workable Links

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to take an HTML document and covert it to PDF with workable links. I Tried the Print To PDF option and the links do not work. I tried Print to PDFXchange and the links don't work. I even opened up Adobe program; created PDF; and opened HTML file and that worked with some of the links but not all. Any idea on how I can get all links to work? It's basically a Table of Contents page with links that do not work in PDF. They work in HTML file but not in PDF.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Tonid,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. Please try to create the PDF file from Acrobat's File menu>File>Create PDF>Choose HTML file>then use File>Save As Adobe PDF and see if this works.

Make sure that you have the latest version of Acrobat installed, check for any pending updates from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Acrobat.

Is it specific to one HTML file or with all the HTML files? Have you tried with another HTML file? Is it a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version of OS installed?

What is the dot version of Acrobat installed? To identify, refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Is it is specific to one HTML file, Is it possible to share the file with us so that we can test it at our end? To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your response!
I did do what you said:  create the PDF file from Acrobat's File menu>File>Create PDF>Choose HTML file>then use File>Save As Adobe PDF and the Table of Contents Link still do not work. Instead of going to the correct location, it goes to the first page of the document.

I am using Adobe Acrobat XI Pro and I cannot run any updates on this. It's basically a Prospectus document and SAI. We are trying to get the links in the Table of Contents to work but can't seem to find a way to do so! Is there any other way? The HTML document is fro Internet Explorer. Do you think if we use Google Chrome or Firefox it would work differently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Tonid,

Try converting the file in PDF using the latest version of Acrobat Pro Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC | Non-subscription  and see if this brings any difference.

Is it possible to share the file with us so that we can test it at our end? To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I can't get Acrobat DC on my work PC. We only have Adobe Acrobat XI Pro. Do you think if I open the html file in Google Chrome instead of Internet Explorer, that could make the links work in the PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of links do you use in the HTML file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the Table of Contents Link in a Prospectus and SAI document. In the HTML file, the links in the Table of Contents work. But when I print this HTML to PDF, the Links don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing to PDF *cannot work*. Not from any app or browser. This is a limitation of printing; only the visual stuff is sent. You HAVE TO use a different kind of converter, like the Create...from HTML in Acrobat.

What kind of links are they IN THE HTML - links to a destination in the same HTML, to a different HTML without destination, to a different HTML with destination, to a PDF... something else - what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are links IN THE HTML..links to a different part of the document. It's basically clicking on the Sections in the Table of Contents Page and having the link take you to the correct location in the document. When I click on a link in the Table of contents, it takes me back to page one of the document rather than going to the correct location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but what kind of links are they IN the HTML? Not what they do, but how they are set up in the HTML coding. JavaScript? OnClick actions? A tags? What? Perhaps you use different types, and only some are supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are set up as A Tags in the HTML coding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem... what's the answer? I have not received a call back about help. In 2019, an Adobe tech did a patch install and basically rolled it back to a previous version and it worked perfectly-- just like it did before an update. That computer died, so I no longer have the use of the version that worked. These are the 2 files he used, but I don't know how to use them with the current DC Pro. I NEED HELP!!!

Debbie5E79_1-1628197360448.pngDebbie5E79_2-1628197403089.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd use them instead of the current version, and make very sure to turn off automatic updating. Uninstall anything else first. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled the new version. and installed the 2 files on my desktop. I still don't get the previous version and the links don't work.

Still no call back from Adobe Level 1 Tech.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean "you still don't get the previous version". What version, exactly, do you get instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still the current version of DC. It didn't change at all. The version that worked looked different. Does uninstall remove all files? Do I also need to uninstall creative cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean "current version"? Exactly what version? The whole point is you were installing an older version. Looking for a number from you like 2016.123.98765. And did you turn off automatic update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the number.... 2019.008.20071

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, then you have installed exactly what those two icons showed. It is an old version (about 2 years old).

So... what is it that looks different? Please be as detailed as you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The number I sent you was the version that worked -- I was able to open It and found the number.

After I installed the 2 files on this computer the number is: 2019.010.20064 so it looks like it isn’t installing the same. I can send you the file that works if you want to look at it.

Debbie

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the second time I was told a Senior technician would call me and still no call or no resolution. I have the exact same files installed on a new computer and it is not working. There must be some setting I am missing and I don't know what. The version that was dated 1/7/2019 is 15.007.20033. Do you have any advice for me on how to make this work? I appreciate your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is an html file (the same template is used every week) that was converted and works. The links listed under Contents take the reader down the page to the actual content. The word "Contents" on the right side of the page take the reader back up to the Contents links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines