• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove tracking points after effects

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to remove the motion tracking points on the PSD polaroids. I turn off layer controls and they won't disappear.

Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 8.22.00 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Ironically, I figured out on another thread by you..

for future users: turn grain effect to final output

Square Box in AE showing up in Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see Ae's tracking points on your screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you zoom in there are squares in the polaroids

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like an error in preparing the effect.  Unless you shot those polaroids with a video camera, there was no need for tracking points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no tracking on the polaroids? There is on the base footage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tyroneerose617 It's a little hard to tell from the screen shot, but those look like Null layers, not tracking points. Even so, Null layer's should become invisible when disabling "Show Layer Controls" in the View menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I thought but when I press show layer controls they don't go away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

show a full screenshot of your Ae interface with the view category open so we can examine you are seeing the nulls while the view layer controls is not active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 6.31.44 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think they are nulls. And if they are tracking points they have been set up very oddly...

Can you isolate the layer on which they are?

What is inside your 'polaroid blank...' precomps?

You've checked it's not something on the footage ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first step in diagnosing a problem is to isolate the layer you are having problems with and then review all modified properties by pressing the U key twice. Then hold the shift key and press the E key to reveal any effects that have not been modified.

If the layer you are having problems with is a nested comp then you have to drill down by opening that nested comp and explore the modified properties inside that comp.

Screenshots that do not show modified properties and specify the layers you are having trouble with are basically useless.

I do not see anything in any of your screenshots that looks like a tracking marker. The only thing I see on any of the Polaroid photographs in the shot is a small white square which looks exactly like the frame of a null.  If that is what it is then it will not render. You can check that by simply saving a frame as a Photoshop file using the composition menu.

Not a tracking mark.png

This is what a null looks like:

A null.png

I suggest you drill down and look for modified properties, start turning things off or use the solo button until you figure out what is going on. If the marks are on the original footage you need to ask the question "How do I remove marks on some original footage?" We can give you a solution to that problem in a separate thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a Null, except I do not know how to remove it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nulls don't render. If you don't want to see it then just turn off the layer. It will not affect the project.

I suggest you spend some time with the help files. This is some pretty basic stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean "turn off the layer.?" How does that solve the problem, I want the layer in the project I just don't want the "null" on the polaroid.

Here is the specifics from the layer, turned things on and off. I also "looked in the help files" and there wasn't much on nulls.

Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 11.52.42 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ironically, I figured out on another thread by you..

for future users: turn grain effect to final output

Square Box in AE showing up in Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines