Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merged Clips and Proxies

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a bunch of Red .RD3 files that I have merged with our production sound files, then under the description tab, added the shot and take.

It's becoming too hard to edit these merged clips, even at 1/16 playback.  So I created proxies from each of the source .rd3 files, but they did not relink to the merged clips.  Any help on this problem?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jarle Leirpol suggests using multi-cam instead of merged clips for this. If you have camera sound and recorded audio, you can take a bin of media and tell PrPro to make multi-cam from it.

As it detects each camera/audio pairing it makes separate "sequences" for each clip. Set it to use the recorded audio. Then flatten them.

You can do a number of things with those flattened to clips that you can't with merged clips, and it's as fast or faster to make.

As an idea.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines