• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Video or Audio Computer sound

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Adobe Connect, yet my office mates all use it with Apple. I am the Windows person. When testing a meeting, I played a video from our website and an audio recording. Neither could be heard with my test audience--or on playback of the recording. I'm using the builtin microphone for my laptop. How do I get the sound from my computer into the Adobe Connect platform. Thanks in advance oh-great-hive mind.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deborah,

Did you try loading the video into a share pod and streaming it from the server instead of trying to screen share?  The quality is much better, the audio comes through participants speakers and it uses less bandwidth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not optimal, as I'm trying to demo a digital product. There doesn't seem to be a problem using this platform with the same website with Apple. They all do a screenshare. And no headset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered using Captivate to create a simulation of the digital product that is asynchronous?  The other options for PC are to use an audio cable between your speakers and your microphone to pull the sound into the VoIP of the call, a software that does the same thing, or a device call That2 from JKAudio to push the audio into your desk phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about using a headset? Would that work, do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are referring to holding your mic to the speakers, the quality is never as good and there could be a delay.  I can't think of any other way to use a headset to get the audio back into the meeting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I mean that I have a headset with a microphone. If I used that instead of the built in mic for my audio sound, would it re-direct the computer audio into Connect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO. A headset with mic did not solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither would be suggested as the quality would not be as good as a simple audio cable between the ports.  There could also be echo and feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen sharing never shares your system audio, just the image of your screen. Additionally this type of sharing runs at about 3-5 FPS. If you share video through screen sharing, it will run at 30 FPS on your computer, and those in your room will only see about 10% of the visual information. This leads to a choppy looking video, and no sound. This isn't something that works differently between Mac or Windows computers, and isn't something that is unique to Adobe Connect. Most, if not all, web conferencing platforms have the same experience with screen sharing.

Since it is not working as you expect, and there is a group that does have the result you expect, I'd recommend you reach out to your office mates and see what they are doing. Chances are they are using something like Adobe Captivate, as Tom suggested, to create pre-recorded demos that can be played back in Adobe Connect. See what they are doing and if that work flow could work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the guidance. Their computers apparently grab computer sound better than mine. I think I've found a work around for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right. Thanks so much for the support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines