• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Mac] Prototype not displaying on Chrome due to WebGL issue (XD v9.0)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posting this to help save anyone who might encounter this too.

My prototypes used to be okay on Chrome but when I updated to v9.0. I encounter this issue.
webgl_issue01.png

Prototypes did not display, as in it's blank white, but you can still see the recorded comments. Notif bar says "There was a problem displaying this prototype. Please try these troubleshooting steps". (see screenshot 01)

Following 'troubleshooting steps' pointed me to 'WebGL issue'. The instructions on this link resolved the issue on my Chrome.
https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/3822/mac-os-chrome-no-webgl-functionality

webgl_issue02.png

Restarted chrome browser and checked my 'prototype link' again. Prototype on Chrome now displayed okay.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Forhue, thanks for sharing the resolution, it is going to help our future visitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

This problem continues to happen when I open my link on Chrome (Windows).

I followed the steps but even though...

There is any other solution? I think is really unconfortable not to know if the prototype will be 100% okay or will be show a white screen to the client 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes ok. Your prototypes show now correctly on your desktop. But what about when you want to share with someone else? This person will then also need to change configurations on his browser? This is not a good experience for the addressee and and I really hope Adobe will look into this soon and fix it.

For me and my way of working, this is a major issue which is not solved by just changing browser settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahah! Yes! I have thought of that. 

The inconvenience comes when you forward the link to other people-- your clients, workmates. They'd need to change their settings too and it will cause a great commotion if you, as the owner of the link is NOT AWARE of this issue and this alternative fix.

Totally agree, Adobe should find a way to solve this, they should not settle on this patch solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is not "Assumed Answered." It's still going on. Does Adobe expect our clients to know how to change their browser settings just to see our prototype? Not a good "Xperience"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback on this issue Magnelume. Could you please confirm if you have tried to use the steps shared by the original poster?

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did and it worked for me... My concern is when I send prototype link to someone, I will never be certain they will be able to see it and that's a bad experience for my client. I now send them exported jpegs like a caveman (jk)..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just experienced this same issue today, and have followed the steps to update my settings with no luck.

My page is partially rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree this is not a great "Xperience".

I did not want to put my client through the task of the patch...so gave them options for browsers.

Much quicker solution and it worked.

Meantime, I hope Adobe is able to get beyond this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me. Was working fine - now not. I'm looking at a shared prototype. I can still see it on my Macbook but not the iMac in Chrome. Works in Safari. Checked the settings and all OK as per above. Help adobe???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just had this happen as well. Sent a prototyoe to a client and they just get a blank screen as per the screenshot in original post. I'm not asking my client to go digging around in Chrome settings to get this to work, that's not a feasible solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to us on mobile and I can't access the advanced WebGL settings on mobile to fix it. It's happening on Chrome, Safari, and Firefox mobile; they're all fine on web just not on mobile.  Atul_Saini is there an Adobe fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes! I’m having the same issue and it’s driving me nucking futs!!! No issues on a PC, only on mobile. FIX IT!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines