• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 8 system update

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier today my computer had one of those system updates Microsoft Office forces on you.  When the "your system will automatically restart in 15 minutes" warning came up, I resaved all of my open Photoshop C6S windows.  One file in particular, I saved in "my documents" and "Dropbox".

All files had time to fully save before the restart.  When the computer restarted, Photoshop reopened and the other 2 files reopened.  The third file didn't.

I checked recent files, the third file was not there.  In fact, my "recent" files menu only listed files from 2-3 years ago.

No big deal, the file was saved, right?  The file was nowhere to be found in Dropbox.  The only version found in my documents was the original native file from before I had done 8 hours of work.

Normally, I back everything up to an external hard drive as well, but of course on this file I didn't.

I'm not super worried about having to redo this file, however, I have several other files I have spent hundreds of hours working on that I would be very upset replacing.

Is there something I'm doing wrong in terms of saving?  Does Photoshop not re-open the top file upon an automatic restart?  Did it need to be saved as a .psd file first as well as a .pdf in order to stay in my documents?  Is there a lost sock repository on my computer where this file might be disappearing to?  Other suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Ps does have an autosave feature.

This is the default location. System drive (C:)/Users/ your user name here/AppData/Roaming/Adobe Photoshop (CS6 or CC)/AutoRecover.

Here is a link to an article that you may find helpful

https://www.aiseesoft.com/how-to/recover-photoshop-file.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines