More details please!
1) A screen-clip of your Lightroom System Info? LR MENU: HELP > SYSTEM INFO....
2) "files are in the correct folder."- Which folder? The full path?
1) Here's the screen clip
2) The initial path where the presets would be found used to be C:\Users\vince\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings\User Presets.
But now when I import the presets using the + menu, it imports to C:\Users\vince\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings\
3) Fun fact: I'm reading on other forums that a bunch of other people have the same issue, so there's clearly something at work here. I have the strange feeling that it has something to do with the "new feature" of Lightroom CC which syncs the Presets across mobile and desktop, and somehow corrupts the desktop version (Lightroom Classic).
In other words, I have all my presets in Lightroom CC (Online):
But then my Presets named "Preset - 1...-4" do not appear.
Just for good measure, here's a pic of my folder:
Edit: I've tried renaming the presets, and I've also further tried to modify the embedded name in the xmp file, to no avail.
Please upload "Preset - 1.xmp" to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here. This will help narrow down where the problem is.
LR CC's new sync of presets doesn't go near the LR Classic / Camera Raw presets, so that's not the problem.
Can you please try the following steps:
- The Lightroom CC negative on which the presets are shown clearly copy that locally to your desktop machine.
- Open that same negative in develop module in Classic.
- Verify those XMP are present correctly in CameraRaw/Settings folder. or CameraRaw/Settings/UserPresets.
- Verify if the presets are correctly showing.
Let me know if that also does not show your presets.
If so, then please share your presets, we will investigate.
I have exactly the same problem. Yesterday it was OK after update, but today after restart PC and relaunch LR again, all my presets are gone. But they are in correct folders.
EDIT: They are back after restart LR.
Hi John, thanks for helping out!
Edit: further fiddling overnight and I've found that the presets seem to appear/disappear when a certain type of file is selected.
For example: when a DNG is selected, all the presets appear:
TIFF file is selected and some of my presets disappear:
3 people found this helpful
Vincent_R, you've tripped over a design misfeature in LR's handling of the new presets. The preset you uploaded includes the profile "Adobe Color". When editing a non-raw (e.g. a TIFF or JPEG), LR silently and confusingly hides presets that contain certain kinds of profiles (but not all profiles). See this problem report: Lightroom Classic: Presets including raw profiles are sometimes available for non-raws, sometimes not | Photoshop Family…
Unfortunately, you can't simply modify the preset by unchecking the option Treatment & Profile when you create or update the preset. The preset includes a Vibrance setting, and when you include any of the Color options (Saturation, Vibrance, Color Adjustments) in a preset, another LR bug causes the Treatment & Profile box to be checked: Lightroom Classic: Automaticly checking Treatment & Profile box when i check some of color adjustments box (presets, cop…
Currently, the only way to make a preset containing a Color adjustment that can be applied to non-raws is to manually edit the .xmp file and remove the lines of the preset setting the profile. Alternatively, use the free Fix Presets plugin to remove the profile from the preset.
Please add your constructive opinion to both of those bug reports, and be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner of each. This will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.
I was wondering if you can help me! I was using the Lightroom mobile version (the free one), and after the new update when I first went on it there showed up a little msg in the top right corner that my free trial expired and then I saw that my photos were syncing. Next time I went on, about 10 mins later, all my 300+ photos and 25+ presets were gone. I have never even started the trial and now have no idea how to get my everything back! I spoke to one of your colleagues but they just dissapeared and now I got the cloud hoping that perhaps that would return my old content but no.
Why did that happen? WHAT happened? And how can I retrieve all of my work??