• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Single play Animated GIF Files

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone please tell me how i can stop the looping of a gif when i export it in Adobe Media Encoder?

I have designed an 8 second composition in After Effects and I want to save it as an animated GIF but only want it to play once, not continuously loop. Is there a way of doing this?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

I do not think there is a way to disable looping in AME. You definitely can within Photoshop however.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think there is a way to disable looping in AME. You definitely can within Photoshop however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm asking the same question here...  So, I'd have to export the Animated GIF, then open in Photoshop and find settings to loop/not loop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import the animated gif into Photoshop
File / Export / Save for Web / Format:gif / looping options: one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Anastasi! Good solution. However new PSD does not allow Import of GIF...had to drag into PSD manually. Seriously should be part of the AME. Crazy its not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried GifGun Plugin inside AE. You can make a non looped version. But this tool has also many bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines