• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost all my data on Lightroom CC mobile

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was using Lightroom on my smartphone and I had to uninstall it. Before doing that, I checked that I was indeed logged in with my Adobe ID so that all of my pictures were in the cloud (or as I thought).

But when I reinstalled the app... all of my pictures were gone, the app is empty ???? There were important works in there, is there any way I could recover my data?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Do you have a paid membership?

If not, I wonder if paying would bring back your photos? You can read about the cancellation policy here.

This comes from the LR mobile FAQs:

What happens to my synced images when my Lightroom trial or subscription ends?

You maintain complete ownership of your images at all times. However, if your subscription ends, you will no longer be able to view, edit, or sync you photos in Lightroom on mobile devices. With Lightroom on your iPad, iPad Pro, iPhone, Android device,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked Lightroom Online to see if the photos are in your account there? Deleting the app shouldn't delete your photos - not that I know of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you were able to login after you reinstalled the app too. Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer!

Well actually, I did try to check the lightroom website but there is nothing here, just this page : lr.PNG

(it's in french but it says that my trial version has expired)

And yes I was able to log in after reinstalling the app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a paid membership?

If not, I wonder if paying would bring back your photos? You can read about the cancellation policy here.

This comes from the LR mobile FAQs:

What happens to my synced images when my Lightroom trial or subscription ends?

You maintain complete ownership of your images at all times. However, if your subscription ends, you will no longer be able to view, edit, or sync you photos in Lightroom on mobile devices. With Lightroom on your iPad, iPad Pro, iPhone, Android device, or Chromebook, you can continue to view and edit your photos for free, but you will lose access to syncing capabilities across your devices. You can continue to view and edit your photos using Lightroom Classic CC desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't have a paid membership. Maybe that would work, (I hope so) but your link to the cancellation policy doesn't work?

Edit : oh, I've found the page. Is it true that if I cancel it in the 14 days, I will be totally refunded with no cancellation fee?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just another user like you, so I can't answer for Adobe about whether what they say on their site is true. I have no reason to believe it's not true.

If you do sign up, I'd suggest making sure you aren't signing up for an annual contract. Even if you pay monthly, they might have contracts that last a year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. Thank you for your answer! I'm going to try it and I'll tell you wether it worked or not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reading and posting on this thread may also help:

Lightroom Mobile Photos Gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines