3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2008 12:55 PM by clbeech

Need brilliant Flash user to help

batwavesgirl
      Honestly, I'm not even sure if this is the correct forum, but here is the question... I need to rewrite the action script in my website template to link to a blank html subpage rather than linking to another place in the movie. I have located the action script & will paste it below. Ideally, I would like the animation to remain (ie spinning boxes, yellow rollover and effects) but I want the page that comes up after the animation to be a new blank html page. Any ideas??? If you need a visual...please go to www.batwaves.com. The links I'm attempting to change are those from my menu page. Thanks!!!

Here's the script:
      onClipEvent (load) {
      num = 6;
      }
      on (rollOver) {
      if (_root.link<>num) {
      this.gotoAndPlay("s1");
      }
      }
      on (releaseOutside, rollOut) {
      if (_root.link<>num) {
      this.gotoAndPlay("s2");
      }
      }
      on (release) {
      if (_root.link<>num and _root.animation == 1) {
      _root.animation = 0;
      _root.link_prev = _root.link;
      _parent["item"+_root.link].gotoAndPlay("s2");
      _root.link = num;
      _root.play();
      _root.DY = stage.height+4;
      _root.DX = stage.width+4;
      }
      }
        • 1. Re: Need brilliant Flash user to help
          clbeech Level 3
          it's really going to be hard to say what you need to do here without knowing more about the methods used here in the document as a whole. for example, without know what the variable values are meant to achieve, it's difficult to tell you which ones need to be aced, and which to keep, what needs to activated to maintain the animations and what does not.

Obviously, most of the work will be in the on(release) handler, but which items to reset would be a complete guess. also i think your wanting the animation to show the transition and THEN go to another page, in that case you'd probably want to pass the vars along as they are, but then use the _root.link value or something at the 'end' of the sequence to the call the getURL method of choice for the button - offhand I'd say store these in an array and use the value to call the URL from the array.

but all just guesses without knowing a lot more about the documents structure. I'd say you best bet is to post the FLA file so that someone can take a look at the whole thing to determine what you need more precisely.
          • 2. Re: Need brilliant Flash user to help
            batwavesgirl Level 1
            Thanks very much for your answer. I think you definitely understand what I'm looking for...
            You said: "also i think your wanting the animation to show the transition and THEN go to another page" .
            This is exactly what I'm trying to do. Can anyone tell me how to post the FLA file? Do I just use the "attach code," or is there somewhere else I need to post it?
            • 3. Re: Need brilliant Flash user to help
              clbeech Level 3
              you're welcome :)

best thing is to zip up the file (this causes it to download), and upload the zipped file to your server, then simply post a link here to the address of the file.