• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Excel to PDF, date format changes || Adobe PDFPack services.

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been converting excel files to PDF and initially it was swapping round day/month in a date field i.e. 31/05/2018 turned in to 05/31/2018 - I took this to mean that it was trying to change into american date? So as I was not fussed about the format I changed the date to read 31 May 2018. When now changing this into a PDF it turns it into a line of #### with nothing else. Any assistance would be appreciated as this was the only reason I purchased this product to begin with.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Hello Davida,

We're sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, when converting an excel file to PDF the date format in the PDF file is changing, is that correct?

Try exporting the PDF file through the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/convertpdf with your Adobe ID and password on a browser like Chrome, or Firefox, or Safari and see if this brings any difference.

Ideally, the date format should not change, try exporting any other excel file to PDF and check. I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Davida,

We're sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, when converting an excel file to PDF the date format in the PDF file is changing, is that correct?

Try exporting the PDF file through the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/convertpdf with your Adobe ID and password on a browser like Chrome, or Firefox, or Safari and see if this brings any difference.

Ideally, the date format should not change, try exporting any other excel file to PDF and check. If it is specific to one excel file, is it possible to share the excel file and the converted PDF with changed date format with us so that we can test it at our end?

To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, login to https://cloud.acrobat.com/send using your Adobe ID(email) and password, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

The record shows that you are subscribed to Adobe PDFPack services, install the trial of Acrobat Pro DC and create the PDF file from excel and see if this issue is reproducible Download Adobe Acrobat DC (Continuous) for Enterprise or VIP licenses

You can also try the suggestions from Adobe discussion Converting an Excel document to pdf format.

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

[Edited response]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

were you able to fix it? i am having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find if you save the excel to PDF and select "Best for Printing" option as opposed to the default selected option of "Best for Electronic distribution and acessibility" it keeps the date same format

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just fixed the same problem, it didn't happen with months like May (short words) but with months like september it did. I fixed it by making the row bigger (cell wider) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just fixed the same problem, it didn't happen with months like May (short words) but with months like september it did. I fixed it by making the row bigger (cell wider) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ho risolto il problema, ora basta inviare le mail. Grazie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For ##### issue: Increase the width of the column and the pdf export will be fine.

And issues with format change while exporting pdf will be soved if while saving as pdf you select 'save for print/printing'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources