7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2008 1:24 PM by ooba

UML Diagraming

ooba Level 1
      Has anyone come across any free tool out there that can take an Action Script class and generate UML diagrams from them?

Microsoft Visio hosed my UMLs and I do not want to recreate them by hand.

Please post links. Thanks all.
        • 2. Re: UML Diagraming
          ooba Level 1
          I'm sorry but I cannot find anything on that web site that mentions anything about creating AS from UML or creating UML from AS. Please specify where on that site it mentions the ability to generate UML or reverse engineer them.

Thanks.
          • 3. Re: UML Diagraming
            Level 7
            Hello ooba,

> I'm sorry but I cannot find anything on that web site that mentions
            > anything about creating AS from UML or creating UML from AS. Please
            > specify where on that site it mentions the ability to generate UML or
            > reverse engineer them.
            >
            > Thanks.
            >

Don't really know any good "free" UML tool, but you can try latest version
            of Enterprise Architect - now they support AS.

• 4. Re: UML Diagraming
              ooba Level 1
              Yes, I downloaded the trial the effort on that part is getting my empolyer to purchase anything.

That is why I am trying to find something that is free. Dont know which battle is worse, trying to find a free one or getting employer to buy the darn thing. :(
              • 5. Re: UML Diagraming
                Level 7
                Hello ooba,

> Yes, I downloaded the trial the effort on that part is getting my
                > empolyer to purchase anything.
                >
                > That is why I am trying to find something that is free. Dont know
                > which battle is worse, trying to find a free one or getting employer
                > to buy the darn thing. :(

Shooting yourself is also an option, ya know... )))

• 6. Re: UML Diagraming
                  ooba Level 1
                  ooh, options options options

Which to choose from? hmm...
                  • 7. UML Diagraming
                    ooba Level 1
                    okay,

It would appear that there is NOTHING out there as of right now that is free and able to do this UML to code and vise versa functionality.

However everyone note that http://argouml-actionscript3.tigris.org/ is in an early design phase that will support the generation of AS3 code so keep an eye on that.

In the mean time was FORCED to purchase http://www.sparxsystems.com.au/products/ea_purchase.html professional version $200.00.
                    [updated 03/14/2008]
                    One purchased, your license will work indefinitely. The yearly renewal is only with respect to receiving priority technical support and having access to the latest software updates.

03/13/2008