Exit

Error Code 156 when updating Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this message when I update Lightroom CC

Exit Code: 156

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 156) executing in command 'CreateSymlinkCommand' for package: 'AdobeLightroomCC-mul', version:1.4.0.201806080705

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeLightroomCC-mul Version: 1.4.0.201806080705). Error code: '156'

WARN: Unable to create symlink at "C:\Users\kland\Desktop\Lightroom CC.lnk"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ordinary Lightroom and PS are running well

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a new discussion.

Kurt Lund, sorry you are facing Error 156 when updating Lightroom.  In the error, you have posted the updater is being denied access to update/create the necessary alias for Lightroom CC on the desktop.  Please review any installed security software that is preventing this action from being taken.  For more details regarding Error 156 see Creative Cloud download and install errors .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh what a GREAT answer..... Error Code 156?   Well, then....Just click "Retry" and download again.   WTF?!?!?!?!!!!!!!   Seriously??? THAT'S your Answer?!   I swear to GOD Adobe is such a nightmare of stupidity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guyd96306571, did you review the settings for the security software installed on the computer?  Are you also facing a failure to create a Lightroom CC alias on the current User account desktop?  What other steps have you implemented to resolve the error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sure is not very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear friend, I can Update  all programs other than Lightroom CC 1.3 -1.4 Lightroom CC 1.2 runs fine, Lightroom Classic CC And the Potoshop CC 2018 runs well. So think the problem lies with you !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kurt Lund, I would recommend reviewing the following discussion https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2528128 where other individuals have resolved Error 156 after modifying the settings for Windows Defender.  Are you also running Windows Defender on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jeff

It may not be true that, because you CAN NOT FIND OUT, SOFTWARE UPDATE to your software that your customers must come in and screw in windows security. It's only Lightroom from 1.3 & 1.4 that's wrong with all the other programs from you running well and all my other programs work 100%. So it's you to be sorry My language is lifting ass and getting started correcting it and not your customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am sorry Kurt, I don't understand your most recent update.  This public discussion was branched off on June 21, 2018. 

I would recommend you begin a chat session at Contact Customer Care to resolve the errors you are currently facing on August 28, 2018, that are preventing you from using your membership.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines