6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2018 6:58 PM by WobertC

importing

johnd46801760 Level 1

Lightroom refuses to "see" the folder I need to access. I have Nikon Transfer, LR can "see" folders 1-13 but it refuses to "see" 14 and 15.  I hate this program, it is poorly set up.  Stuff moves back and forth from left to right with no logical purpose.  I like what it does when it lets you do things but right now I am not planning on renewing.

• 1. Re: importing
          dj_paige Level 10

If you can't import a certain folder, that means the photos in the folder have already been imported, and so you should not import them again. Go to the Library Module, click on "All Photographs" (it's on the left hand side underneath Catalog) and search for (one of) these files by file name.

• 2. Re: importing
            WobertC Adobe Community Professional

Stuff moves back and forth from left to right with no logical purpose.

I am curious about this statement!

What "stuff"?

"Left to right" where?

"no logical purpose" for what?

• 3. Re: importing
              johnd46801760 Level 1

Simply put there is no consistency, sometimes a slider is on the right side of the screen, sometimes it is then placed on the left.  It is a poorly engineered display.

• 4. Re: importing
                johnd46801760 Level 1

Oh and by the way as for the "you've already imported them" solution....sorry but I already imported folders 1-13 so how come LR can "see" them.  This is a horrible program.

• 5. Re: importing
                  dj_paige Level 10

johnd46801760  wrote

Oh and by the way as for the "you've already imported them" solution....sorry but I already imported folders 1-13 so how come LR can "see" them.

Because you most likely (accidentally) imported the photos into some other folder, and so Lightroom only know about the photos in this other folder and only shows you the other folder.

• 6. Re: importing
                    WobertC Adobe Community Professional

sometimes a slider is on the right side of the screen, sometimes it is then placed on the left.

This I must see!   and still curious.

Post some screen-clips to explain what your see, please, please.