• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i save my game's ending as image?

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a game I'm making in Animate CC (HTML5 canvas), and would like to have a button so the gamer can save their current progress as an image. How do I do that?

Thank you in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

You can use the following code for Html Canvas documents. Say, you wish to capture the last frame of your animation; just paste the following code in the last frame:

this.stop();

var aTag = document.createElement('a');

aTag.setAttribute('href', canvas.toDataURL("image/png"));

aTag.innerHTML = "Download Screenshot";

aTag.download = "YourScreenshot.png";

document.body.appendChild(aTag);

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save it to where?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, what are my options?

Can I save it to the device's default 'my images' folder or wherever screenshots usually get saved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

inesaguiar  wrote

Can I save it to the device's default 'my images' folder or wherever screenshots usually get saved?

Web pages can't force files into the client's local filesystem. That would be an insane security vulnerability. If you have server-side scripting support it would be possible to save screenshots on the server. For client-side saving, the code posted above will allow the user to choose to download a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is perfectly understandable...

But this works! I'm just worried that the link to download is too discreet. Maybe I can have an alert box saying it's downloadble...

Thanks @Nipun Asthana​

Edit: Well, it's better with the alert box, but now the link text is really tiny - even when i disable the alert code... '-_-

Edit 2: nevermind, i accidentally had the zoom at 30% somehow...

So it's solved! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the following code for Html Canvas documents. Say, you wish to capture the last frame of your animation; just paste the following code in the last frame:

this.stop();

var aTag = document.createElement('a');

aTag.setAttribute('href', canvas.toDataURL("image/png"));

aTag.innerHTML = "Download Screenshot";

aTag.download = "YourScreenshot.png";

document.body.appendChild(aTag);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's an old thread, but I've got a question about it. First... this script works like a charm!

I've put the script on a button. Would it be possible to download it directly? Just one click on the button and download?

Or put it in the action script layer while entering the frame and then use my button to download the image? I don't like the "Download Screenshot" text that much.Screenshot 2021-03-24 at 08.00.46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines