• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Adobe flash player is updated but when I try to use it, it says it needs an update

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! My adobe flash player is installed and up to date but when I try to use it, it says it needs an update! I've tried everything from reinstalling it again and again to fixing the settings on chrome and safari. and it says in settings it doesn't need an update. I'm so frustrated!

I use both safari and chrome and I use a mac book air.

here are some screenshots

Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 9.00.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 9.00.42 PM.png

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show the "needs an update" message. Please bear in mind that there are MANY sites with a virus which put up FAKE update messages to trick you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide a direct link to the content that is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most browsers at this point are blocking Flash Player by default.  You'll need to activate Flash Player in the browser in addition to having a current version.

You can find instructions on enabling Flash Player here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

It's also the case that malware authors will often times try to impersonate legitimate update notifications in order to trick you into installing malware.

Always download Flash Player directly from Adobe, or better yet, set it to update automatically.

Here's the official download URL: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines