• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions all of a sudden not exporting

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added captions to about five or six videos in the last couple weeks and exported them with no trouble at all, until today. I'm in the middle of exporting for a third time (hoping for 3rd time the charm). I'm using Windows 10 - Premiere Pro CC, updated. I'm using the same settings (H.264 - YouTube 1080p HD). I even checked the Captions tab and it says to burn into video. My program has been very glitchy over the last week, not sure if this is another glitch or there is a better answer. Just not sure how doing something the same way several times with the same results now is giving me different results.

Please help, this is taking about 30 minutes a shot and I have a deadline!

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The export is failing? If so, is there an error message?

Or exports okay, and a problem with the captions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No error message. Everything looks like it is normal. It wasn't until I downloaded it on YT and started adding cards I realized there were no captions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific dot version of PR? 2018.1.1?

What kind of captions/subtitles?

That is odd. It should work, so I'd look at the things you have already probably done:

Do the subtitles play in the PR timeline?

Import the exported/misbehaving file to PR. Are the subtitles not there?

Are you sure that you are saving the export where you think? Did you upload the correct video?

Create a short, new sequence. Add a couple captions. Export. Same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine shows: 12.11 (build 10)

I'm using open captions, same as other videos. I actually went in and edited a short video last night that I had already exported. When I exported it, the captions did burn into the video. Which does follow your thoughts. For some reason it is something with this particular video. Although I haven't made any changes. I may try to export then add them then. Extra work but at least I will have this done.

Yes the captions do play in the PR timeline.

The subtitles are not there once I export the file.

Yes, on the saving. I actually saved it the second time over the old version. I realized it didn't override it even though it asked if I wanted to. So, I have named it a couple other names while trying it to see if it works.

On the last question, as mentioned earlier it worked fine on a shorter sequence since this hasn't worked.

I'm including the export settings just in case you see something that I'm missing.

export settings.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have fixed it. Although the solution doesn't make me feel any better and it didn't come with answers.

As mentioned in my initial question I said that my Premiere has been very glitchy. One of the glitches I have had happen several times is that I will loose sound in my timeline. I still have it in the preview window though. The first time it happened I found a video where a guy said he has had the problem and what he does is copy everything from the timeline and create a new sequence and paste it there. It always works. I decided to try it with this issue. It worked. It is still a timely problem because I now have to go in and adjust the sizes of any elements I have put into my video. I'm hoping Adobe can do something to help with these glitches. They have cost me hours of production time over the last few weeks and this is just another glitch to add to the other problems I have been experiencing.

Thanks again Stan for your assistance. We both have been vindicated on this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it sorted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines