• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Photos in Lightroom

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom refuses to "see" the folder I need to access. I have Nikon Transfer, LR can "see" folders 1-13 but it refuses to "see" 14 and 15.  I hate this program, it is poorly set up.   I've been told that's because I have imported from these folders before which BTW is not correct because it "sees" folders 1-13 just fine and I have imported from those before.  Anyway I was advised to just hit "all photos".   Okay, that brings up something like 12,000 photos, in fact every photo on this computer.  Really?  There isn't a way just to load and work with the 200 photos I want?  This is crazy!  LR even suddenly imported photos I haven't worked with before.  12000 photos makes my already slow and clunky LR impossible to work with. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you import any photos from folder 14 and 15 yet? Lightroom is not a browser, it’s a catalog application. It needs to ‘import’ photos before you can see them, just like your address book does not contain names and addresses from people you did not add to your address book. There is nothing wrong with how Lightroom is setup, but you may want to get a Lightroom book to understand how it works. Like my father used to say: “If everything else fails, read the instructions”.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because you most likely (accidentally) imported the photos into some other folder, and so Lightroom only knows about the photos in this other folder and only shows you the other folder, and will not show you Folders 14 and 15. Furthermore, Lightroom by default will not allow you to import duplicates.

You need to search for these photos in folders 14 and 15 in Lightroom . Please follow ALL FOUR of these steps in Lightroom (not one or two or three of these steps, but ALL FOUR)

1.   In the Lightroom Library Module, on the left, under Catalog, click on All Photographs

2.   Turn off all filters (Ctrl-L once or twice)

3.   Turn off all stacking (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)

4.   Search for at least one of these photos by file name using the Lightroom Filter Bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gee it's not a browser, no kidding.  I guess I'm just stupid enough to think that. Yeah, I bought it just to look at photos, excuse me I'm "renting" it.  Oh and as for following all four steps (yes, I can count to 4) it doesn't work either.  I'm done with this piece of garbage program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

johnd46801760  wrote

Gee it's not a browser, no kidding.  I guess I'm just stupid enough to think that. Yeah, I bought it just to look at photos, excuse me I'm "renting" it.  Oh and as for following all four steps (yes, I can count to 4) it doesn't work either.  I'm done with this piece of garbage program

Sounds like you haven’t imported the photos yet. You can be sarcastic when people try to explain to you what you did wrong, but that doesn’t change the fact that everything you described clearly points to that.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines