Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud seems to be taking longer than usual to initialize

Advisor ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Indeed, it is taking much longer : I have to wait exactly 6 minutes until the list of applications appears. No network or Internet problem here. So I guess the Adobe server is the culprit. Or there's yet a new bug in town.

I have this problem since one month or two. The "recommended steps to fix" don't help.

Any explanation ?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Samoreen, Error 184 indicates that the file is in use by another process but cannot be updated.  In addition to the steps listed in Creative Cloud seems to be taking longer than usual to initialize. Did you also create a new local administrator account per solution four of "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app and reapply solution one through 3 under the newly created account?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Samoreen sorry you are facing performance errors when attempting to utilize Creative Cloud applications.  I would recommend reviewing the log files for any installed security software that may be affecting the performance of the Creative Cloud desktop app and any installed CC applications.

What operating system are you using?  To avoid duplication, what steps have you implemented to resolve the performance errors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have tried the steps described in this thread and in the linked pages (including full cleanup and re-installation) :

Creative Cloud seems to be taking longer than usual to initialize.

I'm running Windows 10 1709. No software is affecting performances on my system. Everything is running smoothly except CC Desktop. No software has been added since this tool was launching normally. However, I still have the same error code 184 when trying to update from the Assets panel. An old problem hitting many users and that was never fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Samoreen, Error 184 indicates that the file is in use by another process but cannot be updated.  In addition to the steps listed in Creative Cloud seems to be taking longer than usual to initialize. Did you also create a new local administrator account per solution four of "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app and reapply solution one through 3 under the newly created account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines