• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remapping the mouse side scroll wheel

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the MX Master 2, and I'm wondering if it's possible to remap the side scroll wheel from the "horizontal scroll" function to anything else -- layer opacity, for example. I've googled and searched the forum for a way to do this, but I've had no luck so far.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

The other MX Logitech mice seem to have mouse wheels that tilt left and right like the gamming mice.   You may need to find some third party software like  X-Mouse button control to see if it can do what you want.  Or switch to an other Logitech mouse like a gamming mouse. They are very good.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Logitech MX Master 2 Software is like their Gamming software I use for my Logitech G502 mouse you should be able to.  Here I set Profile 3 for use in Photoshop and set  the scroll left and  right  buttons to keys  [ and ] also set its click to key x

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but that looks like it's a no-go for me -- I have different software (Logitech Options) and it's not letting me assign scroll wheel movements to specific keystrokes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dose the mouse wheel have left, right, down and rotation functions like their gaming mice.  Your mouse seems to cost more than their gaming mice.

I have had problems with Windows 10 and an old Microsoft Blutooth mouse one mt Dell Workstation that is why  switched to a wired Logitech G502.

It looks like your mouse has a second scroll wheel on the side see it you can progran that

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, it's the second scroll wheel that I'm trying to remap. I can set it to do a lot of things, but apparently I can't assign wheel movements to specific keystrokes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other MX Logitech mice seem to have mouse wheels that tilt left and right like the gamming mice.   You may need to find some third party software like  X-Mouse button control to see if it can do what you want.  Or switch to an other Logitech mouse like a gamming mouse. They are very good.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll check out X-Mouse. I really like this mouse so far, and I don't want to give it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still think you may be able to configure you sideways scroll wheel.  I saw a video the was using Logitech Option software and saw  keyboard keys can be set to mouse functions.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, most keys can be, but not the side scroll wheel, for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you sure you can not set a custom macro for Photoshop

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines