• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing images in PS from LR and saving back to LR

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always had this feature and suddenly after I updated it doesn't work. When editing an image in LR I could also do command+E to open it in PS, edit the image and then just hit save and it would appear back in my LR catalog. But now that doesn't work. I've tried everything I could google. All of my settings look right. But I hit save in PS it wants me to save to my computer instead of going back to LR. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop saves files to your computer. It has always worked that way. If you see the file in Lightroom, it’s because Lr automatically imported the image into the catalog. The file gets saved to the computer before this happens.

Which Lightroom are you using, Lightroom CC or Lightroom Classic? I will move your question to the correct forum after I know which Lightroom you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m using CC. I’ve never had to save to my desktop before though i understand what you’re saying. How do I fix it to go back to automatically bringing it back into LR after just saving?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC moves all of the images in the catalog to the cloud. There could be issues uploading the Photoshop file after it has been saved to your computer. Are you certain you are using Lightroom CC and not Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% Im using CC. Says LRCC 2015, I literally just updated it when I posted this. Same with PS. Still won't save the images back into LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRCC is old. We are in 2018 now. Also, what was Lightroom CC 2015 is now called Lightroom Classic. Do you understand that there are two different Lightroom’s now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously I know what year it is. I have CC... LITERALLY just updated a day ago... so how is that old? That also doesn’t explain how I’ve always had this feature and it just stopped working 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you take a screen capture of your Lightroom and post it here? I‘m going to move your question to the appropriate forum, either Lightroom CC or Lightroom Classic. Lightroom CC came out last year, not in 2015 so that is why I am still confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moving to Photoshop​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines