• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline clips merged into one long clip after saving...how do I get the clips back?

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am just beginning my editing journey with adobe premier pro cc and am finding the functionality different then the last time I used it. The biggest problem I am having right now (and am hoping its an easy fix!) is I have cut soundbites and had them on my timeline... saved the project to come back to it later. I came back to it about 15 minutes later and the clips (about ten of them) were merged into one long clip and I can't find a way to  back to the individual clips in my original timeline that I had been working on. Is there something I need to know before saving? PLEASE HELP! I have two timelines that are ruined because I cant get back to the original clips... Appreciate any help (and apologize if I'm not using the right editing language....)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

It sounds like you are dragging one sequence into another on the timeline.

Find your original sequence(s) in your Project Panel and then double click on them in the Project Panel to open them up in the timeline - don't drag them into another timeline.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are dragging one sequence into another on the timeline.

Find your original sequence(s) in your Project Panel and then double click on them in the Project Panel to open them up in the timeline - don't drag them into another timeline.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that called 'nesting' ? where you drag a sequence of many clips into another timeline, so that you now have one single clip that you can add an effect or adjust more easily to the whole thing ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro is complex software.  Don't skip reading the manual.

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/premiere_pro_reference.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very simple solution. This just happened to me while I was making my first YouTube Video and I don't even know what happened but I clicked the wrong button or something on my keyboard because everything disappeared! After scrambling around and panicking, I finally discovered a video clip in my "Project Panel" of the entire video and when I tried to drag it onto the timeline, it was just one solid video and I couldn't see all of the individual clips like I could before. The Solution: I right clicked on the Solid Video in the Project Panel, scrolled down to "Open in Timeline" and everything popped back into the timeline with all the clips separate like they were originally and now I can continue to edit my First YouTube Video!!(Visit ADHD TV on YouTube to see my first video 🙂 For real I hope this helps because I felt defeated once I thought I lost 10 hours of editing but then SUPER happy I got my footage back the way I needed it!! Love y'all and happy editing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU ARE A LIFESAVER!!! THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This did not help me adn which video is urs on youtube? couldnt find it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines