• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing location of files for a specific catalog

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a special catalog for videos. That catalog is stored on my external hard drive. That's where I want all of my video files to be stored. When I import new videos from my memory card in Lightroom, the files are imported to my computer even though the catalog lives on my external hard drive. They are imported to Computer/Users/jsmilanic/Pictures/2018/[Folder] rather than Seagate Backup Plus Drive/Video/2018 Video/2018/[Folder]. How do I change the location just for this specific catalog?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do I change the location just for this specific catalog?

When you import the videos (selectively) into your special catalog for videos- set the destination to the Seagate Backup Plus Drive/Video/2018 Video/2018/[Folder].

The External drive 'Video' catalog can 'Move' the videos to the Seagate folder if you already have them imported into that catalog. Drag and drop in the Folder panel from the Internal folder to the External folder.

Be aware that if the videos are also referenced in another Catalog on the Internal drive then you would need to "Update the Folder" location for that catalog also, or they will show as 'missing'.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines