Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

One image into multiple files?

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community,

I have an image in Photoshop that I want to divide into multiple Different images that will save as Separate files. To be more exact, in this case I have an image that is 800 px wide by 3720px tall. I want to divide it horizontally into separate 800 by 1280px images that will save as their own individual files. I used to do this by using the slice tool and creating the segments that I wanted, and saving it with the save-to-web (legacy) option. This got me the separate files I wanted. However after an update a few days ago, that save option is grayed out in the menus for me. I understand the save-for-web is being phased out in favor or Export-as, but this new option will not recognize the slices and so it saves my image as one file. Is there a way to get save-for-web back, or is there a new way to do something like this? (Eventually I want my files to be jpg).

I read that certain settings were needed to make save-for-web work, but I believe I have those settings correct; my image mode is 8-bit and in grey scale. I have un-installed and re installed photoshop as well.

thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your case today - I've the newest version of Photoshop - and everything work fine!

pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
my image mode is 8-bit and in grey scale.

Have you tried RGB?

Please post meaningful screenshots including the pertinent Panels, menus and dialogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines