Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere crash continuosly: "unable to recover from a kernel exception. [...]

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

i've that problem since some month: my softwares in particular Adobe Premiere crash continuosly, it report me that error:

"unable to recover from a kernel exception. the application must close.

error code: 3 (subcode 2)"

I've already tried to search a solution on internet but nothing worked for me, i work with that software so i really need to resolve this issue.

My pc is an asus X99-E desktop x64 working with 32gb and a Nvidia Quadro M2000 graphic card.

I've recentely installed nvidia latest drive: 391.74

but i still have problems.

I did usually reinstall graphic card's driver to fix the problem, it works some hours but then the issues appear again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try the solution discussed here:

Unable to recover from a kernel exception. The application must close

or here:

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1025877/latest-quadro-drivers-causing-trouble-/

What comments the following:

I have found in a blog that switching in the Nvidia Control Panel to the 3D App Visual Global Settings should solve the issue.

You can try.

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions,

i've modified in the Nvidia Control Panel to the 3D App in Visual Global Settings, but it doesn't fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny how sometimes one thing leads to another. I also have an asus laptop with an onboard intel graphic thing and a "dedicated' nvidia thing ( which turns out to be the chip that the OEM does stuff with through the intel GPU … namely, automatically using desktop simple stuff with intel settings (color, resolution, refresh rate, etc.) so that battery life and heat can be managed OK.

The nvidia in my laptop is a way different animal than the one in my desktop.

I was going to suggest to this poster that he should open his nvidia control panel by right clicking desktop, and discovered I COULDN'T FIND MY CONTROL PANEL and when I finally went to where it should have been in WIN 10, it told me my computer wasn't connected to an NVidia card at all !  OMG !

It was there a couple weeks ago, I'm sure.  hehe..

So, this started a whole new avenue of discovery and FIXING stuff on my own laptop. Probably updates from windows and stuff messed things up.

The solution for me was to disable the NVidia card, and THEN RESTART. And then enable the card.

Since my Asus does not give me options to use ONLY the NVidia card, I don't have the option of getting rid of the onboard Intel stuff. So my choices in control panel are not the same as the choices on my desktop computer. There is one setting under PhysX or something that does enable global settings something or other, and that is basically the default I think.

So, the bottom line is, if having trouble with laptop Nvidia stuff, a good idea is to see if it's even CONNECTED … hehe.. ( can open control panel )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

there were multiple suggestions ( like rolling back driver ). maybe you could write down potential solutions in those links up above, so that you can try them and check them off on the paper as you try each one.

: )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines