• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Years-old trackpad + key-held = cursor stuck issue.. HP solution?

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TLDR: Latest version of Photoshop CC, everything updated.. The cursor gets stuck when I hold a key and use the touchpad, and I've solved this with many laptops over the years on Dell, Acer, Asus laptops, but HP seems to be particularly stubborn, and I've run out of ideas (I list below the things I can remember that I've tried)

Hey everyone! I created a forum account because I seem to finally be stuck with this everlasting issue (apparently).

Over the years, I've owned and worked with Photoshop (CS and CC) on multiple laptops, each of them having model-specific issues and solutions. Most of my laptops have been Dell, and the solutions were rather common so I was easily able to find a fix. I say this, because every time this specific issue has come up, I've slowly been able to narrow down the base problem.

The problem I'm having is palm rejection causing the cursor to freeze (or become stuck) when the trackpad AND a held keyboard shortcut is pressed. This is NOT limited to just the hand tool (which I originally thought), and includes just about any other trackpad + key-held shortcut you can think of, including the alt+scroll shortcut.

Luckily, with my Dell laptops, the touchpad driver had a specific option to disable palm rejection, and with earlier versions of Windows 10, they had a touch-delay option baked in which seemed to solve the issue for Acer and Asus laptops I've borrowed. HOWEVER... This is not the case with my "lovely" new HP laptop.

SO.. That's why i'm here. I cant seem to figure out what to do about this issue on the HP laptop. I've done all of the troubleshooting steps that I've become used to with all of the other laptops:

- Doing to updates (Drivers, WIndows Updates, Adobe Updates etc)

- Rolling back touchpad drivers to check compatibility

- Searching far and wide for any sort of touch-sensitive / palm rejection setting and enabling/disabling them to see if they work

- Closing all other applications (and their processes just to be sure!) -- including CHROME AND ANTI VIRUS (yes, I know this is common)

- Rolling back Photoshop versions, or straight out doing a full uninstall/install

Help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?