Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artboard Resolution

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I designed a wedding invitation for a friend and it looks high resolution, the size is correct, everything says 300dpi but when I upload, fuzzy. It says that the Artboard Resolution was set to 375pts wide by 560pts wide. It needs to be 1417px wide by 2185px tall.

Here is the thing. I have Illustrator CS6 and Illustrator CC 2018. I couldn't see the above information but my friend, who I designed the invitation for, could. I could just see that it looked fuzzy when uploaded.

Where do I change this? How do I change this? Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it a web content? you must reduce the resolution. 300dpi is not recommended for web contents.

72, 96 are better..

and don't forget about the color mode "it must be RGB"

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not for web content. I am printing it through vista print but it is a paper wedding invitation.

Their specs say you have to have 300DPI (which I do) actually, I made it 600 and it is still fuzzy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

michaelai85727754  wrote

It is not for web content. I am printing it through vista print but it is a paper wedding invitation.

Their specs say you have to have 300DPI (which I do) actually, I made it 600 and it is still fuzzy.

What do you send to Vistaprint? An Image?

They accept Illustrator and PDF files in vector format.

Don't worry about the ppi unless you place images or use pixel effects (like a drop shadow).

Send them a pdf and make sure that your artboard is 1417px wide by 2185px tall. As you mentioned in your first post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you do step by step?

vector files don't have a resolution.

and if this is going to be printed, then why do you upload a pixel file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I found where to change the Artboard size, the auto size was too small. However, it still uploads fuzzy. I went to document raster settings and set PPI to 600 to try to fix it, but it doesn't help.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

michaelai85727754  schrieb

Hi,

I found where to change the Artboard size, the auto size was too small. However, it still uploads fuzzy. I went to document raster settings and set PPI to 600 to try to fix it, but it doesn't help.

WHen those services tell you to have your artwork at 300 ppi and at specific pixel dimensions, then these services themselves actually don't fully understand what they're doing.

michaelai85727754  schrieb

It needs to be 1417px wide by 2185px tall.

This is the relevant information. Make it this size in pixels. Resolution actually doesn't matter then and will probably just be discarded anyway upon uploading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ppi/dpi are one kind of resolution (how much detail when you print, only). Size in pixels (px) are another kind of resolution (how many pixels there are, crucial for web work). Because you mix the two up in your question, be sure you fully understand the difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michaela,

Just to throw another spanner into the cogwheel, there is also the Effect>Document Raster Effects Setting.

Apart from that, the figures are mismatched in terms of proportions.

I am printing it through vista print but it is a paper wedding invitation.

Which actual size is it supposed to be on the paper when printed in inches, mm, or points/pixels?

You should be able to just create the Artboard at that size, then Export to the desired raster format at 300PPI resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's for printing make your site in INCHES (or millimetres) not pixels. Pixels are for web work only. Confusing, but an important rule. You know the size in inches; set 300 ppi. Do NOT export PNG or JPEG, but PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you are using the term "pixels", I think that when the file was first created it was probably set to the Web or Mobile profile.

Make sure to choose Print when setting up the document. If you do, then all the default settings will be correct for what most print vendors would want: CMYK color, 300 ppi, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Barbara+Ash  schrieb

most print vendors

Probably not Vistaprint.

Some of those cheap online printers really want pixel formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good point. Important to follow the instructions from the vendor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines