• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lens Correction Preset not working

Contributor ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Lightroom Classic CC 7.4.  I have a preset called "Lens Correction" that previously worked but now does not.  It used to have the check boxes for

• Remove Chromatic Aberration
  • Enable Profile Corrections

both checked.  And it always picked the correct lens.  Now the check boxes are checked but the lens is None.  How do I fix this?

Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 7.55.23 AM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most lens profiles only work with raw files. You probably have a JPEG file selected. What model lens are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this is not a jpg. I shoot raw files. I use all Canon lenses except for my one Sigma lens. This all worked fine under 7.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what I experienced. During an outing birding, I inadvertently changed the shooting bank settings from A to B; and the shooting format defaulted from Raw/Jpeg to Jpeg/overflow. So while using lightroom classic on my two sets of photos, the second set (which used purely jpeg) gave the incorrect lens to be used for correction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@mantspi, "So while using lightroom classic on my two sets of photos, the second set (which used purely jpeg) gave the incorrect lens to be used for correction."

Most LR lens profiles are defined to work on raw files only, not JPEGs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you change the setup from Auto to Default or Manual?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before moving from the Library module, did you click on the 'embedded preview' button (bottom right of loop view) before taking it into the Develop module. I sometimes experience the same issue and suspect that when going into Develop, somehow the lens profile doesn't 'travel' with it. Maybe worth a try. However, on those occasions, I just go into the lens profile dropdown and click onto my camera make and it sets he correct profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Lightroom Classic CC 7.4.  I have a preset called "Lens Correction" that previously worked but now does not.  It used to have the check boxes for

• Remove Chromatic Aberration
  • Enable Profile Corrections

both checked. 

Try creating a new preset with the same settings. There have been many bugs with the new preset format introduced in 7.3, and perhaps you're tripping over another one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, are you applying the preset automatically during Import or manually after the photo is imported. Another person reports that the a preset with lens correction doesn't work during import but does afterward: preset lens correction weaves

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am applying during import.  I deleted my old preset and created a new one.  It still does not work.  Hopefully this gets fixed because having to do this manually for every photo after importing will be a big pain. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason the lens is not being detected. Try recreating the Develop Preset after clicking on 'Save New Lens Profile Defaults.' It should then show as 'Default' and not 'Auto.'

Did you by any chance recently move LR to a new computer? If so you may not have copied over all of the necessary folders such as the LensProfileDefaults folder. Just a guess as to the cause!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not move from one computer to a new one.  Been on a Mac for years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines