• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use Lightroom Classic on Two Devices?

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I have Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC on two devices and use a single external drive that i switch between computers? 

Seems simple to me.  Can I just skip the CC part?   (Hey, they included this!) 

I just want to live a simple life! 

Now, if I can figure how to make Adobe let me instal Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC on my second device!!  I do the download and after instal I only get Lightroom CC!

Suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello David.

Adobe's license allows for two concurrent activations of Lightroom Classic CC, so you can do what you wish.  Keeping your photo library and your catalog on an external disk will allow you to work on the same catalog and images on two separate computers, although not at the same time.

On the second machine, launch the Adobe Creative Cloud manager and under Apps, find Lightroom Classic CC and choose Install.  That will place Lightroom Classic CC on the second computer.  When you launch it, you will need to login with your Adobe ID to make it active.

Ross

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I have Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC on two devices and use a single external drive that i switch between computers?

Yes, the Lightroom Classic CC license allows this under certain limited conditions.

Now, if I can figure how to make Adobe let me instal Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC on my second device!!  I do the download and after instal I only get Lightroom CC!

Obviously, if you get Lightroom CC and not Lightroom Classic CC, you have downloaded the wrong installer file. Just download the free trial of thePhotography plan for the 2nd computer and install that, then sign in with your e-mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines