• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't load catalog after 7.4 upgrade

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR just won't load my catalog. Using PC.   Actually, the first 2x trying to just update, the updates failed. The third update attempt successful and looks like made some changes to XMP?  Then, I've uninstalled LR CC and reinstalled successfully, but then still won't load catalog.  Help please! thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens? Describe in detail.

What is the EXACT word-for-word unedited verbatim error message?

What is your operating system version NUMBER?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding.

64 bit Windows 10 Pro.

The error I get is that the blue circle spins, then I get LR is unresponsive.  I can see my catalog structure with all the names of the folders, but no indication that there are any photos in any of the folders. 

I find these 2 files after I close LR and delete them before I try loading my catalog again:

After each failed attempt, I restart my computer.

the catalog is on an external hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so if I rename the preference file, it will create a new one?  Do I lose all my preferences?

FYI- When I deleted LR CC and reinstalled 7.4, I answered the question about keeping the preference file = Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you rename it, you lose your preferences, but this is being done as an experiment to see if it makes any difference. If it does not make any difference, then un-rename it and you are back where you were before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this message, so I'm upgrading

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

strange, it created a '-3' catalog and opened all my photos quickly, but left off my photos from this May & June 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe it opened the wrong catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update- LR just sits there with the cursor and I have 2 images that look like they are trying to load, but nothing going on.  I have 24,000+ images but after like 10 minutes of nothing happening, I close out LR and get the Backup pop up box, that I skip.  This time LR just closed without the 'unresponsive' message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines