• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are the timeline panel column properties stored on Windows?

Engaged ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running After Effects CC 2014.2.0 on Windows 10.

By default, some of the following items in the timeline panel are not displayed by default.  For example, see the "mode" and "key" columns I've pointed out in red in this image:

adJVJdV.png

I also don't have the columns in the same order as typical (I moved over the column containing the "solo layer" button, for example, to the right of the layer name instead of the left, which is the default).

On another machine, I copied the entire %AppData%\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\13.2 folder over to a brand new install of this particular version of After Effects.  Believe it or not, all those changes that I had made to the timeline panel columns appeared!

So this tells me that, somewhere in this folder, in one of these files, this information is stored.  However, does anybody know exactly WHICH file?  I see this entire list, but I want to know which one in particular contains this information:

BBpOb7G.png

If you know the answer, please share, and also please share where you found this information; I don't see any documentation on this, and I'm really interested in knowing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

I actually did find them, eventually; turns out they're in the "Adobe After Effects 13.2 Prefs.txt" file.  Specifically, it seems to be located in the "Pref_New_SORT_PANELS_TL v2" section of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will find them in the AE project file.  They are not kept in a separate file.  Good luck retrieving them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually did find them, eventually; turns out they're in the "Adobe After Effects 13.2 Prefs.txt" file.  Specifically, it seems to be located in the "Pref_New_SORT_PANELS_TL v2" section of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, please, anybody knows where is the "project panel" default columns order? I want to have label first and I need to change it in every new project..

vobrazovka_0-1616420569462.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshot (28)_LI.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines