• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Develop module bogging down, but only occasionally

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually i have no issues with developing in Lightroom . Changes are instant and i see no issues. Other times, it takes 5 seconds for every slider adjustment. Even after a computer restart, and making sure every other all is closed, Lightroom is still unusable. Then all of a sudden I'll come back to it another time, and it works flawlessly for days. What might be contributing to this, and what info can i give to help diagnose?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cgibsong002,

Sorry about the random performance issues with Lightroom in Develop module.

Which exact version of Lightroom are you using and what is your operating system?

I'd suggest that you check out the suggestions mentioned in this article Optimize Lightroom performance  and optimize the app to improve its performance.

Also, it would be interesting to see if you continue to see the performance dip or delayed adjustments in develop module if you uncheck "Use graphics processor" under Preferences> Performance menu in Lightroom.

Lightroom GPU troubleshooting

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to be 2015.8 Release, Camera Raw 9.8. I'm on Windows 10. Here's the system info:

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 3.4 GHz

Built-in memory: 8154.4 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 8154.4 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 1502.2 MB (18.4%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 1718.5 MB

Memory cache size: 619.6 MB

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 4

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2

System DPI setting: 120 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1920x1080

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

AMD Radeon HD 5450

Check OpenGL support: Passed

Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Version: 3.3.13399 Core Profile Context 15.201.1151.1008

Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 5450

LanguageVersion: 4.40

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd recommend you to update to the latest version of Lightroom Classic CC 7.4 and let us know if you continue to face similar problems.

Also, it is important to know when exactly are you facing this issue(while using spot healing or brushing) as dj_paige mentioned.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cgibsong002  wrote

Usually i have no issues with developing in Lightroom . Changes are instant and i see no issues. Other times, it takes 5 seconds for every slider adjustment. Even after a computer restart, and making sure every other all is closed, Lightroom is still unusable. Then all of a sudden I'll come back to it another time, and it works flawlessly for days. What might be contributing to this, and what info can i give to help diagnose?

Are you doing a lot of brushing and/or spot healing on the photos where this happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i upgraded, no change. I unchecked the gpu option and it seemed to improve, not enough time to see if coincidence or not . i tried doing that prior to updating and there was no change. Also, I've always had that option checked with no issues before. Might something have changed that my gpu would no longer be supported?

Also, this issue occurs doing literally any adjustment in develop module. Any slider will incur a 3-5 second delay. Something like an adjustment brush will be even worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try updating the graphics driver. It looks like there is a newer version available: Legacy . LR pushes the limits on the graphics processor, using it in ways that few other applications do, and it is often tripping over bugs in manufacturer's drivers. You have a "legacy" graphics chipset, so even updating the driver might not help.

However, most people without 4K and 5K displays don't experience any performance boost with the graphics processor enabled, and some experience significant slowth. So if LR performs OK with it disabled, don't worry about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always make sure my graphics driver is updated. So far so good with the gpu disabled, so will continue to see if anything changes. Like i said before, it seems to be intermittent .Last i checked, when i was having issues, every adjustment i made in develop module would send my cpu straight to 100%. Not sure if that lines up with the gpu issues or not .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always make sure my graphics driver is updated. .

The LR System Info seems to suggest that your graphics driver isn't the most recent:

Version: 3.3.13399 Core Profile Context 15.201.1151.1008

That doesn't match the version number of the most recent released version on the AMD support page (15.7.1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird, I'll have to see what's going on. I know i updated it this week . Wonder if it didn't actually install .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I updated to the newest version, beta actually. No change, and things were back to being incredibly slow. Up to 10 seconds for a slider adjustment to register. I turned the GPU back on and it's better but still slow again. Maybe 2 seconds to see a change register.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines