• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it working on iOS 12? If not please fix it!

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been using the app for years now, but with iOS 12 update it stopped working, it crashes randomly when trying to use some tools. 11 months have passed since the last update, please fix this!

TOPICS
iOS , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

The issue seems to be fixed now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iOS 12 isn't an update, it's a preview, put out there for us to find the stuff that is broken. This is part of the joy of playing with betas! Thanks for sharing, though, Adobe will be working on it and may have an update ready when the actual update is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. When I click the healing button the app crashes and closes every time  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing that. I assume you still have an iOS11 device and it still works on that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I am sure y’all are aware of this issue with ios12, not bitching just reporting in: am able to loada  project but app crashes out when any tool is selected. on iPad Pro 10.5 ios12 build 16A5318d.  Thanks for all that you do and the kick ass suite of ios apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix bug on ios 12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

binhkakaz, thank you for posting. of course nothing will be fixed by Adobe while it’s in beta, but I‘d encourage you to share your experiences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you say “of course nothing will be fixed”? So many apps are updated to work with iOS12 beta, or at least try to fix bugs with different updates. Many people uses beta software to test apps, and with this one Adobe’s been doing nothing for months before iOS 12 beta went public, it doesn’t even work properly on iPhone X, it looks cropped. It is supposed to be the time to launch updates no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nah experiencing the same problem. I'm on developer beta 5 and it's still doing it. Is usually on the paint section for me but does on everything. I use paint often which causes an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, any word yet on when this will be fixed? The app is completely useless. im ok waiting for an update, but just would like a timeframe. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would imagine Adobe is testing with the beta themselves, and preparing any corrections. They might release them, but more usually they do not release anything during the beta, because problems are to be reported to Apple and might be fixed. They generally release updates soon (weeks or months) after the actual release date. Some people do seem to expect fixes when running a beta OS, as if it is a supported system, and they are just ahead of the game.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it’s obvious that Adobe is testing with the beta themselves, but do you realize that the last update for the Fix app was +1 year ago? Even with new devices and software been launched they do nothing with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are there specific bugs with released systems or hardware? I can't understand this whole "last update was a year ago" thing unless something is wrong. So it was a year - did it stop working properly after six months? I think that somehow frequent changes are viewed as dynamic, rather than showing sloppy planning and programming. It's enough to make one create non-updates to churn things along and look busy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, sure    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Testscreen name that is simply ridiculous. Apple released the beta on June 4 and with the size of adobe I am sure they were aware of the issue on or around that date.

Many other apps have released updates so they work with iOS 12. One of the wonderful uses of the beta program is so companies such as adobe can make sure their apps work and if not promptly update them.

Ios 12 will be officially released in 14 days and I would be surprised if adobe didn’t have an official update yet.

Adobe has also been so wonderfully nice to continue to deduct payments monthly for a program they know is not working. They have not offered refunds for their buggy program. Since they have continued to take our money than it would be the most prudent thing to release the update as soon as possible instead of having the admin on this site act as though each new post about a faulty system is the first notice.

and several months later iOS 12 users continue to have photoshop fix crashing issues. Since we all are paying for this service that doesn’t wor I am beginning to believe the only way to get adobe to address the issue and relea an update is if we all cancel.

Seriously why are we, their customers, paying for a program that crashes upon openin? This is crazy and to be told “it’s fixed” and then the next day “oops wasn’t fixed but our technicians are aware of the problem“ makes several of us feel as though adobe can careless that their program is buggy and doesn’t work.

Adobe, stop telling us your technicians are aware of the proble, fix it and release the update. And refund your users who have now paid for 4 months of service that doesn’t work. Stop giving your users the run around.

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You miss the point completely. Nobody gets an iOS beta to run apps properly, they get an iOS beta because they like to find and report bugs. "Beta" is not "new and exciting" it's "unreliable and dangerous".  You run iOS betas on your SPARE DEVICE so you can keep work going on your main device. Some people like living dangerously of course.

If you are paying for a service and want it to run reliably run a released iOS. It's that simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the GM release of iOS 12 installed on both My iPhone X and iPad Pro and Photoshop Fix still crashes on both.  It’s ridiculous that this issue hasn’t been addressed.

In reply to the last post, it’s in Adobe’s best interests to try to address problems in Beta releases of a major OS such as iOS 12.   Because it crashes almost immediately, Adobe has missed the opportunity to use Apple‘s Beta community to uncover other bugs that may exist when running under iOS 12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree IOS12 will be released in 5 days. This is crazy. I’m beginning to wonder if adobe doesn’t care if their long term customers leave.

I will in 5 days if there is no update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess as an iOS developer is that since the crash is always repeatable and happens so soon after starting up the app that it’s not a difficult problem to isolate and fix.  Just a hunch of course, but an educated one.

It’s a free app, so I’m sure that’s affecting their priority on fixing it.   And I’ve worked with Adobe and their products long enough to know they’re not worried about any damage to their reputation.

There’s also the possibility that Adobe doesn’t think it’s a bug in their software and is a problem with iOS 12.  In that case, it could be two stubborn companies that are standing their ground.  I don‘t know how things are these days, but there were always some conflicts between the two companies, going back to even before Steve Jobs refused to support Flash under iOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact is I just uploaded the official ios12 today and it is unusable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, same with me yesterday.  It's a shame because it was my favorite editing tool on the iPad, mainly because of its simple UI while providing enough features that I need.  I've tried a lot of different apps as a potential replacement, but most are either too complex for my purposes or not powerful enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pleased to say that with all my complaints of this not being resolved in the last several months and my giving myself a date at which I would switch to a different photo app the issues with iOS 12 beta have been resolved.

Granted we still have the final system download today however I am confident it will continue working.

Two small glitches while running this last night on my iPhone with ios12 are:

it takes quite a while for the app to open. I’m only mentioning this because it was not like this before all the problems.

I ran several photos through last night and after 3-4 photos, when trying to upload a new photo out of my iPhone iPhoto, ps fix only allowed me to see the last roughly 20 photos vs being able to see & load any photo. When the import photo was clicked, it would immediately go to my “all photos” album like always, I would then see my photos from the most recent, however it stopped loading after about 20 or so photos.

The only way to resolve this was to close and restart the program. I ran several more photos through and had it happen a second time.

While this is something I can work through it is a bit of a pita especially when I’m trying to work on a lot of photos at once.

Aside from these 2 bugs all else appeared to be working great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue seems to be fixed now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines