Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suppress Shading in epub export

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

My question is about paragraph shading in an epub export. I'm trying to decide if I can export my epub directly from my print book file or if I should duplicate it and work from a separate file. I'd rather not duplicate it because there will be multiple updates and it would be easier to make the changes to only one file. However, I'm running into an issue with the paragraph shading on the end-chapter summaries. It looks really nice in print (images below), but when I export it, the epub shows gaps between the chapters. I realize that some e-readers won't even support the shading, so I'd rather just get rid of it. I'm hoping there is an easy way to suppress the paragraph shading on export. Does anyone have any ideas?

One thing to note, I have 3 separate paragraph styles for the shaded box, to take care of the curved corners. Also, I am creating a reflowable epub 3 file. Thanks for any help!

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 2.24.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-25 at 2.26.49 PM.png

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The InDesign paragraph shading feature does not export successfully to Reflowable text epubs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines