New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the premiere export settings I choose:

Format: H264

Resolution: 1920x1080

24fps, Render at maximum depth etc...

Then when every settings is ready for my needs I'll queue it to Encoder. I'll start queue in encoder to start rendering the video and suddenly the output resolution is 1504x846. What the F*? Same happens when I try to export 4K footage in it's original resolution. The final export is 1504x846. I cannot understand this.

If I'm making a master file I will export it in DNxHR because of PC, then everything is as it should be but the problem seems to be with the H264 mp4 exporting. I want to export these "early versions" straight to H264 for the customer. Not like I have to first export DNxHR then convert it to mp4 for youtube or somehwere. That's frustrating. This problem has been with me for a few months now and am I the only person on the planet with this problem? Because I haven't found anybody from the internet with this same problem. I have the latest PPro update.

(Premiere export settings the "encoding settings" are:

Performance: Software only (It's gray and I cannot change it somehow)

Profile: High

Level: 5.2

In the Encoder the Renderer is: Mercury GPU (CUDA))

Sincerely,

Bate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

I've been having the same issue for quite a while.

The only work around I've found is that when you send a sequence from Premiere to AME, you have to "reset" the settings again. Click corresponding setting in the "Preset" column for a particular sequence and verify that the settings are what you want. Once you set them here, it always exports properly (at least it has for me).

Very annoying that the settings won't carry over properly from Premiere! And the worst part is that sometimes it works, s

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show a screen grab of the Export Media dialog in PrPro, the whole right side especially.

And note, when you see in the summary section that it is "software only", that IS NOT about whether or not your GPU acceleration is on ... that is only to do with whether you have a QuikSync enabled CPU in your computer. The newest Intel chips have QuikSync as one of the built-in processes for encoding H.264 media. Your CPU doesn't.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere_export_prob.jpg

Those are my settings. Other photo is from the Encoder when rendering. That's from the 25fps project. By the way I made some tests, I changed the TV Standard to NTSC (and kept the 25fps) then it rendered it in 1920x1080! Is that the problem? When there is PAL selected it ruins the output resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't think of anything that would cause that.  The only wild idea I have is that the AME photo is from a different sequence, one that actually was set up at that resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't really add to Jim's comments. Other than you probably don't want or need Max Render Quality and Max Depth checked 'on'. Just slow you down.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The AME photo is definitely from the same sequence. After that the final file is 1504x846. Very mysterious problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw, that 'software only' comment does NOT refer to whether or not PrPro is utilizing your GPU, only that your machine doesn't have one of the new Intel CPU's with QuikSync built in as a hardware encoder for H.264 media.

I've looked back through this, and at the screen-grab, and ... you've got a truly unique situation there, sad to say! Wish I could be of more help.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure you're choosing H.264 as the Format and not MP4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue for quite a while.

The only work around I've found is that when you send a sequence from Premiere to AME, you have to "reset" the settings again. Click corresponding setting in the "Preset" column for a particular sequence and verify that the settings are what you want. Once you set them here, it always exports properly (at least it has for me).

Very annoying that the settings won't carry over properly from Premiere! And the worst part is that sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. So now I have to check the settings every time for every export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the changed setting thing only a couple times ... yea, didn't check as I wasn't expecting it, and then the output was ... huh? Went back and changed setting, got the right thing. But only maybe twice in a rather larger number of instances. Impossible for me to replicate.

You're getting this regularly, though ... is this with a new project in the new 'drop' of PrPro that came out Monday? If you can test that, it would be great. They did fix a ton of things with this patch.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer. I'll try this the next time. Another very strange resolution comes up with the 4k export. Maybe your answer will help! Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that fixed the problem. In the AME I just need to reset the settings again. So now in the Premiere I queue it with random settings and put the right settings in the AME. Thanks mate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this same problem, and it really REALLY screwed me.  Large project with 30 deliverables.  During final delivery, the client had last minute notes/changes.  Sometimes those changes were one-offs, but occasionally they applied to 5-10 deliverables - and in those instances, I queued up the exports on AME.  I did my best to QC everything, but some of the borked res exports were uploaded to the client's youtube page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines