Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Time Remapping Glitches (CC 2018)

Participant ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

So I've noticed Time Remapping just basically doesn't want to behave correctly in several iterations of Premiere CC 2018. There are several glitches but I'll just make this post about how it disables scale animation.

When I start keyframing Time Remapping, and I also want to animate scale, Premiere basically stops reading the scale information. See below:

Here I am trying to do a speed ramp (from fast to slo mo), simple enough. But to add some extra effect, I am also wanting to scale the same clip from 100% to 50%.

(This is a 4K clip on a 1080 timeline, so 100% appears cropped in, whereas 50% you see the whole frame)

However, Premiere, when Time remapping is also active, just stops reading the scale information so my clip doesn't do the animation and it just stays at 50% the whole time even when it says it's 100%.

My out point/end of animation:

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 8.19.12 PM.png

This is what it should like - 50% ie a full frame, so far so good.

Here's my in point/beg of animation - Premiere glitching out:

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 8.25.05 PM.png

Notice it is supposed to be at 100%, ie way more cropped in, but it's not doing it. This has happened several times now and is getting really annoying.

For clarity, because I know you don't know what the frame is supposed to look like, I will scale this to 500%, so you can see that there is no change:Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 8.26.57 PM.png

Any solution to this would be very great!

These are DJI drone files - 4K H.264, but this has happened on many other files. I will be happy to send you this exact file if you need.

My specs:

Premiere CC 2018  - Version 12.1.0

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 8.31.33 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

I fixed it by nesting the clip and then you're able to animate the parameters again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bmartin - That's quite odd! Rather than starting a completely project, try going to effects searching for the effect, "Transform" from the video effects "Distort" folder and apply it to your clip. Then try animating the "scale" parameter from within the new transform effect and let me know if it works.

Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 11.17.08 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put the clip in a 4K sequence.

do the timeremapping then nest and scale.

When done put it in your 2K timeline.

Or timeremap in a 4K sequence and the scale in the 2K.

Timeremapping does not get along with other effects that well: hence the nesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I fixed it by nesting the clip and then you're able to animate the parameters again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines