Strange. The puppet hierarchy seems fine for the nose.
you can try flushing some caches. In the scene window there is a refresh button. try that. Then I think if still no luck you can hold down shift when CH starts up To flush more caches. If that still does not work, try renaming NOSE to something else, let CH see the change, then change it back.
The other thing is to look at tags over in the puppet properties. Make sure only the NOSE layer has the Nose tag
I solved the problem setting the layer as independent, putting a "+" sign before the name of the layer.
It should not be like this but it works. Still I don't understand why, when I selected the nose layer, the program automatically selected a lot of other things that shouldn't have been linked. Anyways, this puppet is having A LOT of other problems so I'm thinking about starting again from scratch.
For the records, here's what I did and did not work:
- Checked again The puppet hierarchy, seems fine
- tried the refresh button in the scene window. Not working.
- Held down shift when CH starts up: Not working (created a lot of other problems).
- tried renaming NOSE to something else (saving in illustrator) - Not working.
- renaming it back - not working.
- removing NOSE tag to the nose - Not working.
- tried rasterizing the layer in illustrator - Not working.
- Made sure only the NOSE layer has the Nose tag - yes, it's like that
Feel free to send me a copy of the puppet (via direct message etc) if you want another set of eyes. Sometimes its hard to debug over the forums. For example, if the nose is not independent, then when you click on it, you will see all the other objects in the same dependence group highlighted on the screen. That is normal behavior If that is what you mean. But that does not explain why the nose disappears. I have rarely found corrupted puppets causing problems like you describe - its more often a swap set, blink layer, or something like that unexpected causing a problem. But nothing stood out from the screen shots you provided. It all looked sane. (Feel free to direct message me a link to a puppet export on Google drive etc - export the puppet using the menu item - don’t ship the whole project - sometimes that does not work.)
Thank you Alank,
I took some time to go trough the layers and realized I made a bit of a mess while drawing. I don't know what actually solved the problem but after I corrected the names and the "independaces" the puppet started working like a charm
Yes, it can be like that. Anything not "normal" can cause things to go wrong in unexpected ways. Glad you got it working!