• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master Layer in Fireworks

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I am new in Fireworks and lately I've struggling a lot with the Master Page option.

Please help me out.

Now, I have a document with one master layer which has following options on the left.

Untitled-1.png

I have made three new layers, but the part with all this info, is locked in each layer !
How am I supposed to edit this part.

Capture.PNG

Because I want to highlight -

01. Battery on Page 1

02. Calendar on Page 2

03. Call on page 3 etc.

How to do this ?
One way I see is copy pasting the elements on each layer and then manually edit each page and layer.

But if I have the master page and all the required info on each page, then I should be able to edit it as well ?

Please reply, I am stuck...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello!

You actually have the right approach. Think of your Master Page as the equivalent to a template on a website: the content in the LOCKED portion of the template can only be modified on the Master Page, and the open/editable areas live on the subsequent pages.

So according to your illustration, you want the locked area (red) to live in the Master Page [template], and the page contents (Battery, Calendar, Call, etc.) to live in the unlocked area (green):

Simply go to your Page 2, Page 3, Page 4, etc. (by the way, you can rename Page 2 to Battery, Page 3 to Calendar, etc., by double-clicking on the name in the Pages panel). Any content you want to add to those pages should be inserted in the Layer 1 (or any new layers you create) on those pages (not the Master Page). 

If you need a little more insight, check out Ray Villalobos' Master Pages demo on LinkedinLearning:

Working with pages from Fireworks CS6 Essential Training by Ray Villalobos

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines