• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sample page Error?

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i was making my website using the like sample page template the dreamweaver gives you and i saved everything and restarted my pc and now it looks a lot different like before i had panels and stuff and now its all gone.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Like I said before, start over.  Only this time do it right with a defined local site folder and immediately save your newly created starter page.  Then DW will correctly save your assets and index page to your local site folder.

What you did was mess things up by 1) not defining a site and 2) not immediately saving your work to a folder on your hard drive.  God only knows where your assets ended up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you Defined a Site in DW?

That is a necessary first step:  GS-01: Defining a new site

Without a Site Definition created and then chosen from your Files window dropdown menu, DW will do all sorts of strange things that will break links to .css and .js files. Those broken links will make pages that rely on css and javascript appear very broken.

If you mean DW's panels are missing, you can reset them under Window > Workspace Layout > Reset '-workspace name-'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No i didnt do a site definition is there still a way i can do that to get the site back to normal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you save your sample page and asset files?

Go to site > New Site > and tell DW where to find your files.  Example, C:\\myFolder.

CC-localsite.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think it is saved here but not sure how to get here cause i cant find the asset filething.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should start over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I finished it and then I had to restart my PC and everything was messed up and looked plain when I came back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is what it saysdream.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have almost nothing on your page so far.  Why don't you start over.

Define your site as Jon said.

Go to File > New > Startet Templates.  Pick one and hit the Create button.

CC-StarterPage.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is pretty much what is happening to me and the correct answer for that one has the link to fix it but dosnt work File not on local disk??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so what I was using was the Starter Templates ----> Basic Layouts ---> basic - Single Page and now it looks nothing like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said before, start over.  Only this time do it right with a defined local site folder and immediately save your newly created starter page.  Then DW will correctly save your assets and index page to your local site folder.

What you did was mess things up by 1) not defining a site and 2) not immediately saving your work to a folder on your hard drive.  God only knows where your assets ended up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dw.PNG is it good like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines