• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default Quiz Labels Not Updating on Slides

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am using the latest version of Captivate and am trying to change the default label quiz buttons from "back" and "skip" to their Spanish equivalent. I go to the project info option-->default labels and change the wording accordingly. But when I then go to create quizzes, only the "back" button has changed to its Spanish version. The "skip" button still says "skip" in English. in fact, only the "back" button is showing up the Spanish version. I also had a version of the course that had them all in Spanish, but when I made a copy and saved it, they all reverted back to English. Any thoughts on why this might be?

On top of that, is there not a way to change these for the quiz slides after they have been made? It seems like you should be able to apply a change to all existing quiz slides without having to re-create the quiz slides from scratch.

Thanks,

Arthur

screenshot.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may have found a bug.  The English version of Captivate 2017 seems to display the same behaviour.  Please report this to Adobe using their bug reporting form on the Adobe website.

In the meantime, the only real way to make these changes to the label text is to select each button and change the label in the Properties tab.

I suggest you create a CPTX file as a faux 'template' (NOT as a CPTL file) and add one of each type of quiz question into this CPTX file.  Change all the labels as needed.  Then use this file as the starting point for your projects.  Then you can just duplicate the questions you need to use.  This is my process anyway for building courses because I always like to set the questions up in a very specific layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same problem. Default label changes aren't showing up after questions have been inserted and you try and change label verbiage afterwards. I reported it to Adobe bug form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you change the default labels before inserting the quiz slides, they will not show up in the master slides, but they do in the newly inserted quiz slides. Which bug do you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inserted a 63 quiz slides with the Captivate default quiz labels. Afterwards, I customized the label verbiage in preferences and it wont change on the actually slides. I really don't want to have to insert my quiz again.

I just want to be able to change labels as needed and have it automatically show up in timeline. But it seems that Captivate isn't allowing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is indeed not designed that way...sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lieve,

So after inserting question slides with default Captive labels. If you don't modify them (labels) before inserting your questions, your stuck with the default verbiage and can't change them afterward?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Default labels has a lot in them: progress indicator, button labels, feedback messages..... Different answers.

For the buttons: those are transparent buttons, not shape buttons. You have to change the label in its Quiz Properties. Default style for Submit button and for all the other buttons is the same, label is not included in that style. That makes it tough, because you cannot just change the style and apply that change to all buttons of the same type. You have to change them individually.

Feedback messages are mostly shapes. Double click in the shape to change the message. Although each shape has its own style, the label in the shape is not part of the style neither.... individually to change.

The Progress indicator: no way to change after insertion.

May I offer some tips? I always start each project by setting up the theme and the Preferences. If you do that... no problem.

For quiz slides I mostly use GIFT import. That way, if you forgot to do the changes as now happened. It is a breeze to import the questio texts again.  I already pointed in this thread to my post about Localising using GIFT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lieve,

Thank you for the help, I will follow your advice and set things up initially.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a blog recently on the portal offering some tips for localizing Quiz slides. However after adding a small edit it is still pending for approval. For your sake I also published it now to my personal blog, maybe it can help:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tips-to-localize-a-quiz

It is annoying that you don't see the label changes in the master slides, but they will be done when inserting quiz slides. Since they are part of Preferences, exporting and importing those Preferences in a new project takes care of that localization part at least.

More annoying is the score slide, because those field labels are not included in the Quiz, Preferences. You can edit them on the Results master slide before creating the quiz. However a master slide is not part of Preferences, but of the theme. This means; saving and reapplying a custom theme. That is OK if you always use the same theme.

One of my feature requests is to be able to edit labels on the master slide buttons and having the Reset Master slide functional for Quiz slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources