2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2018 9:34 AM by JohanEl54

Edit in Photoshop from Lightroom - unable to do this

traceyb70400128

Hoping you can advise.  I have opened a raw file in Lightroom, and when looking to 'Edit in' Photoshop from the dropdown menu, the file is not being transferred and I'm unable to do anything.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the apps, and also run the cleaner tool - then reinstalled again - all to no avail.

Any recommendations / suggestions to allow me to resolve this ?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Edit in Photoshop from Lightroom - unable to do this
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi traceyb,

We're really sorry for all the trouble. Could you please let us know the exact version of Photoshop & Lightroom you are using now? Also, are you getting any error message while click in Edit-in option in Lightroom?

Have you made any changes on your machine like system update, installed 3rd party presets or plugins since then you are facing this issue?

Regards,

Mohit

• 2. Re: Edit in Photoshop from Lightroom - unable to do this
            JohanEl54 Adobe Community Professional

traceyb70400128  wrote

Hoping you can advise.  I have opened a raw file in Lightroom, and when looking to 'Edit in' Photoshop from the dropdown menu, the file is not being transferred and I'm unable to do anything.

When you say you are 'looking' to that menu, what does that mean exactly? Can you select it but nothing happens, or is that menu dimmed? If it is dimmed, then the explanation could be that the original image is missing. If you made smart previews you may not even realise that, because Lightroom can do pretty much anything with a smart preview in that case, but the one thing it cannot do is send that image to an external editor.