Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adaptive Icon Support

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adaptive icons  |  Android Developers

It does not appear Adaptive Icons are supported yet for AIR applications.  Please correct me if I am wrong.  Is support coming in a future release?  How can I go about manually adding round icons/ foreground / background icons to my application?  I've tried editing the manifestAdditions section to include such things without any success. 

This is possibly the same issueAndroid Round Icons?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're not supported, though it would be great if someone from Adobe would chime in and let us know if there's anything in the works.  Starting next week, all new Android apps in Google Play must use the newer API Level that includes these adaptive icons, so we'll all be stuck with a small square icon in a white circle on Android 8+ if there isn't support for this coming soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to include the required resources as a part of ANE and then link them from manifest, but it is not allowed to change icon using manifest from AIR SDK:

application.xml: error 404: Android attribute android:icon is not allowed to be overridden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

when using the default name which AIR is using, your method is working... just one must create extension for each app. I hope Adobe will notice this issue as the solution (for integrating it into SDK) is really easy.

Btw... does anybody know if the animations are somewhere used already? So far I found that the only difference is, that with adaptive icon the original icon is not crippled into small rectangle inside the rounded icon.

d.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

turns out that xml and png (mipmap) are situated in ane, and android:roundIcon in the main application manifest

I understood correctly?

(how did you associate an ana resource with the main application)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're concerned about this, please vote for this Tracker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could provide a generic ANE, that we could open as a ZIP file, then replace the icons resources inside it. It would be very handy. The other solution seems to be to copy resources files directly inside the AIR sdk. But I prefer the ANE approach, as it could remain an external file, with a specific ANE dedicated to each of our apps.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

distriqt has a free solution for this if you don't want to make your own GitHub - distriqt/ANE-CustomResources: Android Custom Resources for AIR Applications

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa, thank you so much peter.nicolai, this is exactly what I was looking for! Much appreciated.

And thank you Distriqt for creating this!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, please, please, help, because it seems Im completely lost:

trying to include adaptive icons in ANE.

I have files "icon_round.xml" and "icon.xml". Both with the same content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<adaptive-icon xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">

<background android:drawable="@mipmap/ic_vino_background"/>

<foreground android:drawable="@mipmap/ic_vino_foreground"/>

</adaptive-icon>

they are in ANE at "...\icon-res\mipmap-anydpi-v26\".

also have in ANE other sizes subdirs: \icon-res\mipmap-hdpi\ , \icon-res\mipmap-mdpi\ , and so on...

every of them contains 4 png files: ic_launcher.png, ic_launcher_round.png, ic_vino_background.png, ic_vino_foreground.png in their sizes

then in my app XML descriptor i have:

<manifestAdditions><![CDATA[

<manifest android:installLocation="auto">

<application android:roundIcon="@mipmap/icon_round" >

</application>

</manifest>]]></manifestAdditions>

Everytime I try to compile my project in Animate, i got an error saying:

"No resource found that matches the given name (at ´roundIcon´ with value ´@mipmap/icon_round´)"

Please, can anybody tell me, what Im doing wrong?

I tried different file and xml names, checked possible typos error in names, etc. still cannot get it to work. Tested, if all assets are in ANE (manualy unpack back the ANE to see if all files are really there - they are...)

When i change <application android:roundIcon="@mipmap/icon_round" > to  <application> only in my app descriptor, whole project is succesfully compiled and ANE works just fine (but no adaptive icons at all of course)

Maybe wrong path anywhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup, this is the place the error propably comes from, I forget to uncomment a part of ANE building script (which then tells the ANE, where the icons are stored). But dont have the Android 8 device right now, so cannot test the APK. But at least I am able to compile my apk, so looks good at the first glance....Nevermind, anybody please forget my question until my test will be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines