8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2008 7:31 AM by djdordt

New release! Create themes from images and more

Sami@Adobe Adobe Employee
      It's a new release of kuler!

- Try color extraction, a new feature to create themes using photos and other images, with different "mood" options.
      - You've requested it, here at last: endless favorites. Save all that color goodness to Mykuler.
      - Random browsing: Try your luck and see what randomly selected themes kuler serves up.

We've made a few other tweaks, I'll let you discover them for yourselves. Please post your feedback here; we're especially curious about color extraction and how this creative group will put it to use. Enjoy, folks!

the kuler team
        • 1. Re: New release!
          eadfrith
          I was using the site yesterday. Today I can't drag palettes to the bar on the bottom. It's nice to have favorites to keep in myKuler, but I really liked that bar along the bottom too. Can we have both? In myKuler, I'd like to collect palettes into project sections. Is that possible?
          • 2. Re: New release!
            logosNotMythos
            I'm so happy to see color extraction as a part of Kuler's toolset! I wonder if there's any chance that the API will include its functionality? It would be killer to be able to send a request with the image's URL, and receive the colors back. I already have an application where I'm looking to use this to skin the entire site based on the main image. It would save a lot of time, though having the ability to upload an image and save its swatch is nice, because I imagine then that would be available through the API. Still, it would be quite a nice feature!
            • 3. Re: New release!
              Jean-Claude Tremblay User Group Manager
              Sami, the new Color Extraction features are just wonderful! I love it.
              • 4. Re: New release!
                PepperdSunlight
                I love most of the features. The one thing I miss though, is having the original created dates. I have gone through and added keywords to my themes and republished them without changing the color. And just recently, I went through and republished all of my themes in an attempt to organize them a little better. So now, it looks as though I changed all my color themes in February, when in fact, I did not make any changes to them, I simply republished them in order to organize my themes. I don't mind having the "Last edited", but I do mind not having an "Originally created on".

-Wendy Honeycutt
                • 5. Re: New release!
                  Level 7
                  Awesome, Sami! I haven't tried the site yet, but the new AIR extension is
                  great. I'll try out the site .. soon .. and give some feedback. Terrific
                  so far!

--
                  Nancy Gill
                  Adobe Community Expert
                  Author: Dreamweaver 8 e-book for the DMX Zone
                  Co-Author: Dreamweaver MX: Instant Troubleshooter (August, 2003)
                  Technical Editor: Dreamweaver CS3: The Missing Manual,
                  DMX 2004: The Complete Reference, DMX 2004: A Beginner's Guide
                  Mastering Macromedia Contribute
                  Technical Reviewer: Dynamic Dreamweaver MX/DMX: Advanced PHP Web Development

"Sami Iwata" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                  news:frpioi$mp3$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                  > It's a new release of kuler!
                  >
                  > - Try color extraction, a new feature to create themes using photos and
                  > other
                  > images, with different "mood" options.
                  > - You've requested it, here at last: endless favorites. Save all that
                  > color
                  > goodness to Mykuler.
                  > - Random browsing: Try your luck and see what randomly selected themes
                  > kuler
                  > serves up.
                  >
                  > We've made a few other tweaks, I'll let you discover them for yourselves.
                  > Please post your feedback here; we're especially curious about color
                  > extraction
                  > and how this creative group will put it to use. Enjoy, folks!
                  >
                  > the kuler team
                  >

• 6. Re: New release! Create themes from images and more
                    rinse Level 1
                    Sami, these new features are super super sweet! I too hope that the API will allow for interaction with images, perhaps tying a query to the API to a specific Flickr image or image set... wow. CoolerKreator2.0!
                    • 7. Re: New release! Create themes from images and more
                      Shanin_
                      Thanks a million, huge timesaver!
                      • 8. Re: New release! Create themes from images and more
                        djdordt
                        WOW, this is burning hot. Thanx!!!!