• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Dimension Rendering Times are Terrible

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to save a simple rendering of a supplement bottle, which I purchased the object on Adobe Stock and first it renders in lo quality (1024 px at 72 dpi) my client needs this to be high resolution. I have tried changing the canvas to 5000 pixels and that took over 15 hours to render and I had to stop it. then tried for 3000 pixels and after 1.5 hours I had to also stop it because it showed that it was going to take probably a whole day to do and that is undoable.

What do you guys suggest???

It seems like a great product for low res images and we are all designers so we obviously need high resolution results.

I would love some feedback please

TOPICS
Hardware , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

patriciaf19812295  wrote

What do you guys suggest???

join the prerelease program and try that build

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love my Adobe Programs but had to buy a very expensive rendering program to use to do 3D rendering. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

patriciaf19812295  wrote

I love my Adobe Programs but had to buy a very expensive rendering program to use to do 3D rendering. 😞

yes they can be expensive

I have Iclone for my animations and that isn't cheap but it does a nice job. Photoshop and Dimension do the bulk of my still frame art work when i get muse to make something and they both have small issues but the very best rendor I've seen so far is by an artist named Holly (wetcircuit) and she just uses Unity which is free

Julian Soloman, Occult Detective (check this out)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rendering is a complex process and the time for rendering to finish has many contributing factors.  We're always working on performance and will continually try to make rendering as fast as possible, but the reality is that rendering is simply a process-heavy action.  Here are some things you should keep in mind in regards to rendering:

• Hardware The largest contributing factor to rendering time is the hardware of the machine. Rendering requires many calculations that powerful GPU and CPU components speed significantly. Review the system requirements for minimum and recommended hardware setups.  Please note that minimum requirements means you can use the application while recommended will give a better performance experience.  In general a much more powerful CPU is recommended if you need to do a lot of high resolution rendering.
  • Resolution The size of the render greatly impacts the time of renders. It is recommended that you preview renders at a lower pixel size to get a sense of the lighting before committing to a final resolution render. You can change the size of the render in Design Mode.
  • Materials The combination of materials used in the scene has a high impact on render times. Plastics, metals, and matte materials render quickly while translucent materials like glass, water, or gels render slower.
  • Effects Some effects will also increase the render time.  Focus or Depth of Field is an effect which adds simulated depth blurring to the render (enabled in the environment properties under the Focus section) and will increase the time it takes to render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rendering times seem terribly slow at the moment and the quality not brilliant.

When you do a comparison for example. A simple rectangle on a background with lighting with a logo on it.

High quality image render takes 14 minutes and looks very rough on the logo.

Cinema 4D did the same thing in just over 1 minute with much better results.

It would be a lovely little tool for product mockups to show clients but at the moment the glitches and rendering times are stopping it from being a useful tool.

I hope about can address these issues soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Andrew!  Do you have a comparison of your Cinema 4D render and your Dimension render you could send to tickets@adobedimension.com?  Would love to see the quality/size differences!  Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I am still researching other 3D app that will work with Adobe I would also love to see what C4D does with rendering verse Dn>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep will dig them out and send across.

CD4 is much better but they have had a lot longer to develop.

CPU rendering alone is always an issue. But even with that caveat a small low quality print should not be blocky.

Try for example. The City scene, the LED display (with logo on) and some lights.

Without the lighting the rendering is fairy standard. Add the lights and the with some of them there seems to be a clash. Causing materials to fail. It is just a few so may be an issue with combinations. Will write em down and add a screenshot and send across.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20 years ago I had to wait 24 hours for a decent render and it still looked horrible.  Recently, while trying out Dimension for kicks, it allowed me to re-live those wonderful days of great anticipation followed by huge disappointment. 

Dimension's render engine is rather horrible in both quality and speed, no way around that. It appears to be using raw point source ray-tracing with zero optimizations. It's speed/quality is barely on par with archaic 3D software of the late 90's such as Infini-D or RayDream (apologies to anyone here who actually remember those frustrating days).

Today, with Vray+Rhino3D, I can render very complex scenes (thousands of objects and layered materials) at 4K resolutions while I eat lunch. All this with photo-realistic global illumination and zero aliasing or noise in the final output. Enter GPU rendering and you may see a 10-fold performance increase. Unfair comparison? Ok, let's scale all that complexity back to a single package or two (the intended 'purpose' of Dimension): I can render a full page ad in about a minute or two using Vray, with no visual compromises.

Try rendering a single package in Dimension at the same resolution and it will require days, likely weeks (lol), while yielding a noisy output of much less quality.  You do get what you pay for so I will manage my expectations... however, when a cell phone today has more number-crunching power than a supercomputer from 1998, I just can't understand why Dimension is so slow... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rob, thanks for sharing your thoughts here.  I was curious for your experience with Vray if you could let me know what version of Vray you're using and perhaps share your hardware specs.  We've tested Vray in Dimension vs the new Adobe Rendering Engine and ARE is always faster.  But Vray in Dimension versus Vray in Rhino is likely different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Spot on. I remember the old days. Opening Dimension for the first time brought me back to 1991. At the time, I was into Electric image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines