Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lumetri - Accessing the numeric controls in the Lumetri Panel

Enthusiast ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lumetri - Accessing the numeric controls in the Lumetri Panel

Currently, adjusting Lumetri settings numerically can be achieved in the Effects Control Panel, but not in the Lumetri Color Panel itself, which creates a bit a of workflow logjam if you're trying to work back and forth between the GUI and numeric controls.

Feature Request: Add numeric controls to the Lumetri Color Panel next to the corresponding GUI interface.

Feature Request posted here: Lumetri - Accessing the numeric controls in the Lumetri Panel – Adobe video & audio apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um ... click on any of the numeric displays in Lumetri, and just type your numbers into the 'slot'. You can also click a number and scrub.

Or even better, get a Tangent Ripple or a Palette setup, or the full Elements panels from Tangent, and do better grading in Lumetri several times faster than you can with a mouse & keyboard or pen-tab. I highly recommend that, as a Ripple is under $400 USD, and will more than double your speed at grading. A few hours a month, you've paid for that thing in a month, two at best.

Seriously.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/R+Neil+Haugen  wrote

Um ... click on any of the numeric displays in Lumetri, and just type your numbers into the 'slot'. You can also click a number and scrub.

You're right -- or rather partially correct.

I hadn't prepared the question well.  The following subs sections of the Lumetri Panel...

Basic Correction

Creative

Vignette

...do indeed have numeric controls in both the Lumetri Panel and Effect Controls

I was referring (without clearly pointing out) the other sub-sections...

RGB Curves

Hue Saturation Curves

Color Wheels & Match

HSL Secondary

...which do not have numeric controls*, neither in the Lumetri Color Panel, nor in the Effects Controls Panel.

(* HSL Secondary actually has a few but not many)

https://forums.adobe.com/people/R+Neil+Haugen  wrote

Or even better, get a Tangent Ripple or a Palette setup, or the full Elements panels from Tangent, and do better grading in Lumetri several times faster than you can with a mouse & keyboard or pen-tab. I highly recommend that, as a Ripple is under $400 USD, and will more than double your speed at grading. A few hours a month, you've paid for that thing in a month, two at best.

Seriously.

Neil

Thanks.  It's a separate issue from from the numeric option.  But between a GUI, a piece of hardware, and numeric entries, I'll take... all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, we all want everything right?  

Thanks for the full explanation. It would be great to have those, same as Resolve. Still, I never type the numbers there either. Something that I'd know specific numbers I normally make presets for.

Presets are your friends!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presets are indeed friends.  But yeah, everything indeed.  Options and redundancies are the brilliance of NLE.

It's interesting.  The numeric issue comes up from time to time.

Over in Avid-land there is an ability to numerically control individual curve key frames.  It's hardly the most brilliant of features in the war chest, but it frequently comes in handy in a variety of circumstances.

In this case we have a client who's getting into the weeds with color from across the country.  There are two of us accommodating, he's operating outside broadcast colors, so we're trying triangulate a way toward's accommodating the client's taste (an evolving standard, btw) along with his idiosyncratic monitoring system.

In this case numeric references -- and keeping a record of changes -- would conceivably be more efficient than storing a bunch of presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ... my ... you have all my sympathy!

A couple colorist friends have talked of dealing with low-experinced clients. Even more frustrating than hilarious  ... ahem.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The low-experience clients are the tolerable ones.  It's the pros who've been doing it for 6-50 years and somehow never bothered to understand their craft.  Those are the tough customers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines