1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 3, 2018 1:02 PM by Sahil.Chawla

Problems with LR Classic CC 7.4

laurag34381297

Please help! I am in dire need of getting my jobs edited and am having tons of problems with LR.

I updated to LR Classic 7.4 and have had major issues - images take FOREVER to load, images at first took forever to move to trash . . . I now get the message "The file named "____" could not be moved to the Trash folder . . . When I go in to the Develop Module, the images just say "loading" for over 5 minutes a piece.

I am on a 2014 MacBook Pro with 1 TB hard drive and High Sierra operating system and have tried:

1. Taking my hard drive from being 20% empty to being 25% empty.

2. Restarting my computer in Recovery Mode and running disk utility - no problems reported.

3. In LR I increased my Camera Raw Cache size to 20.0 GB.

4. I also optimized my catalog & tested catalog for integrity several times.

5. I made sure that 1:1 Previews were created for the body of wedding images I am needing to work on.

6. I made sure the my Previews folder was not overly large in size. ( I have it set to empty every 30 days.)

7. I uninstalled and reinstalled LR Classic CC.

8. I restarted LR Classic CC with the keys held down that take you to "Reset Factory Settings" (to reset your Prefs to original).

I am stuck as to what to possibly try next and I really truly need to get my work done. This has been now 2 fully wasted days of problem shooting.

Thank you so much for any assistance!

Laura