Please help! I am in dire need of getting my jobs edited and am having tons of problems with LR.
I updated to LR Classic 7.4 and have had major issues - images take FOREVER to load, images at first took forever to move to trash . . . I now get the message "The file named "____" could not be moved to the Trash folder . . . When I go in to the Develop Module, the images just say "loading" for over 5 minutes a piece.
I am on a 2014 MacBook Pro with 1 TB hard drive and High Sierra operating system and have tried:
1. Taking my hard drive from being 20% empty to being 25% empty.
2. Restarting my computer in Recovery Mode and running disk utility - no problems reported.
3. In LR I increased my Camera Raw Cache size to 20.0 GB.
4. I also optimized my catalog & tested catalog for integrity several times.
5. I made sure that 1:1 Previews were created for the body of wedding images I am needing to work on.
6. I made sure the my Previews folder was not overly large in size. ( I have it set to empty every 30 days.)
7. I uninstalled and reinstalled LR Classic CC.
8. I restarted LR Classic CC with the keys held down that take you to "Reset Factory Settings" (to reset your Prefs to original).
I am stuck as to what to possibly try next and I really truly need to get my work done. This has been now 2 fully wasted days of problem shooting.
Thank you so much for any assistance!
We're sorry for a bad experience with Lightroom, let us help make this right. As Lightroom is facing performance issue, could you please try enabling the root user on the MacBook Pro and test Lightroom on that account let us know how it goes?
Steps to enable the root user: How to enable the root user on your Mac or change your root password - Apple Support