1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 19, 2008 3:06 AM by Newsgroup_User

ActionScript (2.0) works locally but not from server... What's Up?

ShootingStar
      Greetings: I have a main flash movie and am calling an external flash movie that loads a FLV file. This external SWF file simply plays back a video. All is working here fine. In this externally loaded flash movie I also have two buttons that are supposed to close the window underneath it and then unload it.

It is these two buttons that work perfectly when I test the movie locally within the Flash CS3 environment but do not work when I upload the files to the server; Here is the code on button 1:
      ---------------------------------------
      _root.onEnterFrame = function() {
      loadMovieNum(" http://www.abacusarts.com/flash/music/music2.swf",1);
      _global.globalSound = 1;
      _level0.scroller.gotoAndPlay("s0"); // this is the code to close window underneath
      gotoAndPlay("s4"); // this jumps to another keyframe where I unload this video playback file
      };
      loadMovieNum(" http://www.abacusarts.com/flash/music/music2.swf",1);
      _global.globalSound = 1;
      _level0.reverse_flag=1; // this is the code to close window underneath and jump to main Meun
      gotoAndPlay("s4");
      };

I am BTW of course saving the files and making sure they are uploading! What the heck is going on here. I have been developing with Flash for years and never sen this before. Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Rip

PS Please note: > in above code is actually a ( but the forum is changing it when I post it.