• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why no final <html> tag

Advocate ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just noticed on all my pages, the final <html> tag is not there.

Instead I see this:

<script>'undefined'=== typeof _trfq || (window._trfq = []);'undefined'=== typeof _trfd && (window._trfd=[]),_trfd.push({'tccl.baseHost':'secureserver.net'}),_trfd.push({'ap':'cpsh'},{'server':'p3plcpnl0351'}) // Monitoring performance to make your website faster. If you want to opt-out, please contact web hosting support.</script><script src='https://img1.wsimg.com/tcc/tcc_l.combined.1.0.6.min.js'></script></html>

Is this weird? It does not seem to effect performance with SEO and Google, pages are coming up ok, but just curious.

the <html> tag final is on local copy of pages.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

The script is a page/site tracking script, so I'm wondering if the OP is using a free or very cheap hosting package?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean by 'final' <html> tag, that's the opening tag - the final tag is </html>, which you have.  I have no idea if you have an opening one as I cant see all the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your web host injecting that script into all your pages?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Osgood, Nancy thanks.

Yes, I meant </html>

Nancy, I'm now with Godaddy. Are they the culprit of this? I have no idea. Just noticed this yesterday, so can't compare to previous host.  Godaddy C panel been hosting the site now 3 years.

Is this an  issue pages don't end with </html>?

Is on local copies.

And what is this script thing , ever seen it before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

larry4545  wrote

Osgood, Nancy thanks.

Yes, I meant </html>

Nancy, I'm now with Godaddy. Are they the culprit of this? I have no idea. Just noticed this yesterday, so can't compare to previous host.  Godaddy C panel been hosting the site now 3 years.

Is this an  issue pages don't end with </html>?

Is on local copies.

And what is this script thing , ever seen it before?

If you are seeing code being injected into your page when you havent put it there yourself or used a script to put it there then you need to speak with your host.

Do pages need a closing </html> tag, possibly not - there are some instances whereby some html tags can be ommitted but I don't know what these instances are so I always include a correctly formed structure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Call your host.  Your site might have been hacked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The script is a page/site tracking script, so I'm wondering if the OP is using a free or very cheap hosting package?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pziencina others.

Well directly above this odd script (which is the end of all my files),  is where I manually put my Google Analytics Tracking code script.  Does that help solve this?

Could putting the Google Analytics blurb/ code thing  at the end, which I put right before the last <body> and </html>,  annihilate the final </html> and add that script at end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is definitely NOT GA Tracking Code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, the  local copy of each page is:

<p> </p>

<p align="left"> </p>

</CENTER>

<script type="text/javascript">

try {

var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-1532776-1");

pageTracker._trackPageview();

} catch(err) {}</script>

</body>

</HTML>

and then I put it on server and code for live page is:

<p> </p>

<p align="left"> </p>

</CENTER>

<script type="text/javascript">

try {
var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-1532776-1");
pageTracker._trackPageview();
} catch(err) {}
</script>

</body>

<script>'undefined'=== typeof _trfq || (window._trfq = []);'undefined'=== typeof _trfd && (window._trfd=[]),_trfd.push({'tccl.baseHost':'secureserver.net'}),_trfd.push({'ap':'cpsh'},{'server':'p3plcpnl0351'}) // Monitoring performance to make your website faster. If you want to opt-out, please contact web hosting support.</script><script src='https://img1.wsimg.com/tcc/tcc_l.combined.1.0.6.min.js'></script></html>

Ok, just did some searching found this, but does not explain the deletion of </HTML>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK think solved, was Godaddy issue. They are opting everyone in without asking first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines