1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 16, 2008 12:49 PM by Celumbra1

Internal Build Error has occurred...

Celumbra1 Level 1
      I am getting an internal build error, but am not sure what to do about it. I've recreated the files, cleaned, reimported the project, refreshed, even re-installed Flex 3. Any help would be appreciated.

This is the log file:

!SESSION 2008-03-15 23:13:09.899 -----------------------------------------------
      eclipse.buildId=unknown
      java.version=1.5.0_13
      java.vendor=Apple Inc.
      BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86, WS=carbon, NL=en_US
      Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws carbon -arch x86

!ENTRY com.adobe.flexbuilder.project 4 43 2008-03-15 23:14:39.517
      !MESSAGE Uncaught exception in compiler
      !STACK 0
      java.lang.ClassCastException: macromedia.asc.parser.MetaDataEvaluator$KeyValuePair
      at macromedia.asc.parser.MetaDataEvaluator.evaluate(Unknown Source)
      at macromedia.asc.parser.SetExpressionNode.evaluate(Unknown Source)
      at macromedia.asc.parser.MemberExpressionNode.evaluate(Unknown Source)
      at macromedia.asc.parser.ListNode.evaluate(Unknown Source)
      at macromedia.asc.parser.ExpressionStatementNode.evaluate(Unknown Source)
      at macromedia.asc.parser.StatementListNode.evaluate(Unknown Source)
      at macromedia.asc.parser.ClassDefinitionNode.evaluate(Unknown Source)
      at macromedia.asc.parser.StatementListNode.evaluate(Unknown Source)
      at macromedia.asc.parser.ProgramNode.evaluate(Unknown Source)
      at flex2.compiler.as3.Compiler.analyze3(Compiler.java:531)
      at flex2.compiler.mxml.InterfaceCompiler.analyze3(InterfaceCompiler.java:378)
      at flex2.compiler.mxml.Compiler.analyze3(Compiler.java:147)
      at flex2.compiler.API.analyze(API.java:2528)
      at flex2.compiler.API.analyze(API.java:2423)
      at flex2.compiler.API.batch2(API.java:404)
      at flex2.compiler.API.batch(API.java:1108)
      at flex2.compiler.API.compile(API.java:1281)
      at flex2.tools.oem.Application.compile(Application.java:1028)
      at flex2.tools.oem.Application.recompile(Application.java:980)
      at flex2.tools.oem.Application.compile(Application.java:636)
      at flex2.tools.flexbuilder.BuilderApplication.compile(BuilderApplication.java:354)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.multisdk.compiler.internal.ASApplicationBuilder$MyBuilder.mybuild(A SApplicationBuilder.java:271)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.multisdk.compiler.internal.ASApplicationBuilder.build(ASApplication Builder.java:122)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.multisdk.compiler.internal.ASBuilder.build(ASBuilder.java:139)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.multisdk.compiler.internal.ASItemBuilder.build(ASItemBuilder.java:7 3)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexProjectBuilder.buildItem(Unknown Source)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexProjectBuilder.build(Unknown Source)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexIncrementalBuilder.build(Unknown Source)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:624)
      at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:166)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:197)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:246)
      at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:249)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:302)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:334)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:137)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:235)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

• 1. Re: Internal Build Error has occurred...
          Celumbra1 Level 1
          I solved the issue, following the advice of the last entry here: http://michael.omnicypher.com/2007/02/internal-build-error.html, which amounted to copying the contents of the various mxml files to a text editor, deleting them, deleting the files produced by FB in the bin folder, then rebuilding each mxml file, copying and pasting from the text files.

Prior to making this change, I saw many anomalies. For instance, In my test application, which had a simple shell and simple module loading mechanism, I would delete the moduleLoader related code from the shell, but would show up nevertheless when I recompiled and ran the program. I would also get errors to appear on code that didn't have errors before and don't have errors afterward.

I noticed it all started when, in my experiments to learn about communicating from a module to the shell application, the module said a parentApplication.parentFunction() didn't exist, when it did.