• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot import H264 movs into Premiere

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - we have many years worth of Quicktime animations exported in the H264 codec; since the cc 2018 update we cannot import these into Premiere. I appreciate Adobe have decided not to support this anymore for exporting (in both AFX and Premiere) but to stop being able to import existing files is daft. Why?! And is there a work around to save converting 100s of files?

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H.264 isn't the best option for editing.  I would recommend a conversion process to something more suitable.  DNx in the MXF wrapper.  Cineform if MOVs are desired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am aware of that, sort of wasn't my query; I have 100s of files already in H264 that I use in showreels. Is there a way of getting them into Premiere save converting them all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you certain these files are H.264? I have no issue importing H.264 files into Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My assumption is that these are QuickTime deprecated files for some reason. Engineering was requesting samples to evaluate whether it is a format that should be built in for import. I think there were some requests in the uservoice system.

The only alternative to conversion is to revert to an earlier version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines